TD [44] Party Pearce

Chapter Forty Four

Pearce texted Gigi as promised, the moment he was at the Le Noir residence. Once hitting send, he hid his hands in his pockets. He grimaced as he stared up at the large house, booming with boisterous music.

Why did it have to be Drake of all things?

Everything in him was itching to bail but he fought it off, reminding himself he was doing it for Gigi's sake. She better have been ready to owe him for it too.

The door swung open and Gigi greeted him with that beaming smile. She was dressed in high waist jeans and sequined blouse- simple but eye-catching. Along with the smokey eye shadow she'd added. It made it hard for him to scowl at her.

Before Pearce could utter a remark, he was dragged in abruptly. "Okay, so more people came over than I expected so it's pretty packed." Gigi started.

Pearce gaped at the sight before him. Pretty packed was an understatement. He had thought Gigi's birthday party was crowded- this was on a whole other level.

People dancing, running around, kissing and chatting were everywhere Pearce glanced. It was insane. The mass had filled the spacious rooming to the extent that Pearce had already involuntarily brushed shoulders with four strangers as Gigi led him by the hand.

Then beneath was even more horrific. Floor littered with cups, scraps of food, toilet paper for some reason and Pearce was certain he saw a thong dangling from a lamp. A thong. He couldn't understand how someone could defile their house like this for 'fun'.

"I'm assuming the Le Noir's have housekeepers." Pearce commented.

"How'd you know?" Gigi questioned.

"Daniel doesn't catch me as the kind of guy to tend to groom and clean outside his appearance." Pearce replied simply.

"Well yeah. He gets the housekeepers to secretly come in behind his dad's back to clean after a party." Gigi explained.

Spoiled brat. Pearce thought to himself.

"How much have you been drinking anyway?" Pearce questioned, no longer able to shrug off the pungent fragrance emitting from his girlfriend. It was a cause for concern at how stable she seemed despite the reek.

"Oh, I haven't. Some douche spilled his drink all over me earlier." Gigi explained. "Anyway, just stick close to me so we don't get separated."

"What, you think I'll get lost? I'm not some little kid at a carnival." Pearce informed her.

"Yeah, but I can't stop someone from trying to hit on you if we're separated."

Pearce stared at his girlfriend, expecting her to say she was joking but her expression was legitimately stern. A chuckle left his lips. "So you're going to protect me?"

"Of course." She wrapped her arms around his torso. Her face close enough for their noses to brush. "I'm not letting anyone get as close to you as this." Her eyes swept over his lips, longingly.

Pearce could tell she was eager to close the gap between them and he found it tempting too. However, making out in front of people regardless of being strangers- even if most of them were drunk or also locking lips, he wasn't comfortable with it.

Pearce gently uncoiled her arms from him, shifting slightly back. "I don't think anyone is going to do that but thanks."

Gigi's smile didn't waver. "You're welcome." She pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. "You want something to eat?"

"Sure."

Gigi extended her hand out to him in a gesture implying to lead him again. Pearce raised a brow. "Really?"