TD [6] Smells Like Teen Drama

Somebody call the cops, it's got to be illegal to look that good!

Chapter Six

For the rest of the auditions, Sapphire was in a bad mood, but Gigi couldn't tell if it was because she was still pissed about the sandwich or because of Gigi's presence in general.

Either way, Daniel had lost all patience with Sapphire's attitude when she snapped at one of the auditioners. He stormed up to her, Gigi tailing along while Mr. Omar went to apologise to the poor girl who ran off in sobs.

"Sapphire what the hell?!" Daniel exclaimed. "You didn't need to go and say all that."

"Are you kidding? The idiot couldn't even tell the difference between her lines and stage queues," said Sapphire.

"It was a mistake. Everybody makes them. The girl was crying!"

Sapphire rolled her eyes. "So what?"

"Oh, there it is! Typical Sapphire. 'I don't give a shit about anyone and always have to make people feel like crap'."

Sapphire scowled. "At least I don't pretend to care about others and offer them fake kindness."

Their raised voices were catching the attention of the other club members now and Gigi was a little scared to be between the pair. It spiked an in more as Daniel took a step closer to the dark haired girl shooting him deadly daggers.

"It wasn't fake kindness, Saph," his voice lowered, but still with an edge laced. "I just offered it to someone who exploited it."

"Exploit?" She sneered. "Oh, you can't be serious. Daniel Le Noir talking like he's the one who was taken advantage of? Please, don't make me laugh."

Daniel stood there as Sapphire marched off, purposely bumping shoulders with Gigi as she did so. Gigi looked back to a rattled Daniel and she could obviously tell the argument was straying onto the lines of personal history.

Daniel felt the tender brush of fingers on his arm and he looked at Gigi, staring at him worriedly. "You okay?" She asked in a soft voice.

Daniel forced his lip upwards. "Yeah."

Gigi frowned. "Don't give me that, Daniel."

"What?"

"That fake smile. I've seen it enough times to tell the difference between it and your real one." She began walking off.

She hadn't gone far before she felt arms hold her from behind, halting her retreat. "Okay, okay. You're right. I'm sorry, G. I won't lie to you like that again."

Gigi crossed her arms, pouting. "I've heard that line before too."

"I mean it. Seriously." Daniel kissed her cheek as a request for her to look at him.

She kept her gaze elsewhere. "Gigi." He held her tighter. "Don't be mad at me. I'll be heartbroken and turn to alcohol and drugs for comfort. You don't want to be responsible for a future star's breakdown before I even make my debut in Hollywood, now do you?"

Gigi suppressed a chuckle at his dramatic claim. "No. I guess I don't."

She brought her gaze to him and he immediately perked up, flashing her a genuine smile.

"Thank you." He kissed her forehead this time. "I just wish Mr. O wouldn't overlook it when Sapphire does stuff like this."

"I didn't think it was that harsh," Gigi murmured. "I mean, knowing Saph she could've said a lot worse."

She thought back to those times when Sapphire made crude comments towards her and once Gigi sat in the girls bathroom crying. Renée had to hold Sierra down so she wouldn't try to attack Sapphire for it.