TD [33] Jealous

Chapter Thirty Three

"What?" Gigi snapped out of her thoughts, turning to Daniel who had just spoken to her.

"I said you're really quiet today." He repeated.

For the past ten minutes since Daniel showed up to drive her to school, she'd been deep in thought on when to tell him. They say the sooner the better but Gigi was concerned on how he'd take it.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

He presented her with a smile that boosted her confidence. "There's something I need to tell you." Gigi started.

Daniel cocked a brow at the seriousness of her tone but remained smiling. "Okay, shoot."

Gigi peered at her brother sat in the backseats, occupied playing the game on the tablet Daniel lent him, earphones plugged in. "Let's discuss it after you drop off Brooklyn."

"Don't worry, he won't hear us. Brooks!" Daniel shouted.

The little boy didn't bat an eye or move a muscle, excluding his fingers manoeuvring on the screen. Reassured, Gigi decided to go for it. "Okay." She let out a breath. "I was talking with Pearce yesterday and he told me he's... uneasy with the way you are towards me."

Daniel's smile cracked. His eyes retained locked on the road ahead. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean he doesn't like how um, expressive you are with me. Like you calling me babe and stuff." She explained.

"Oh. So he's jealous."

"Yeah but I can see where he's coming from, y'know? So I made an agreement with Pearce that you wouldn't be like that in front of him."

If there was any trace of that earlier smile, it was inconceivable now. Daniel whipped his head to Gigi, "You agreed to do what now?"

"That you'd be less... you when he's around. You can still talk to me just, keep it formal if Pearce is there."

Daniel drew his eyes back forward as he took the next turn. "Do you realise what the hell you're saying?"

"Yes and I'd really appreciate it if you'd go along with it."

"That's a seriously bad joke, Gigi."

"Daniel come on."

"And you actually agreed to it too? Don't let your boyfriend dictate you or before you know it, he won't let you go near any guy that isn't him."

"Pearce wouldn't overreact like that. He's just new to this relationship stuff. So am I." Gigi admitted. "I don't like this but I know I have to be understanding and see things from his point of view. Pearce doesn't know you like how I do so it's difficult to understand how we are. But with time, he'll come to see that we're only good friends. Then he won't be uneasy about you. All I'm asking is for you to give it time."

"Gigi, I-

"For me." She dropped a hand on his knee and he spared her a glance where he was met with big pleading eyes. "Please."

Daniel held her stare. "You been practicing the puppy dog look?"

She nodded in admittance, earning her a short chuckle. Daniel faced front and dragged a hand through his blonde locks. "Okay, fine."

Without looking, he knew she'd be holding that large grin like you had just saved her life. "Thank you so much, Daniel."

"Anytime." He replied.

Gigi sat back in her seat, evidently satisfied. Daniel discreetly peeked at the rearview mirror to make sure his lips were fixed upwards, giving nothing away as he gripped the steering wheel tightly.