TD [3] Sexual Tension

I know you're busy today, but can you add me to your to-do list?

Chapter Three

Gigi could not believe her luck. Out of all the days to get stuck in detention, it had to be on the same one scheduled with him. Gigi was beginning to wonder if there really were gods conspiring to make her and Pearce cross paths today.

She situated herself at the table on the very left back row, far away from Pearce. Along with the other boy present in a hoodie who wore a faded plaid shirt. Detention was fairly small which was common. It's like teens were less inclined to stir up trouble near the end of a semester. Then there were also those who wouldn't show up but the only reason Gigi didn't do the same was that the consequences for not attending were much more troubling in her opinion.

Gigi was grateful that Sierra and Renée weren't around this time so she'd have no one urging her to stick to her dare. There was no way she was chatting up Pearce in front of Mr. Hoffman or some guy, even if she didn't know him. So Gigi silently prayed her appointed time would go by quickly and she'd be free.

It was working out quite well for a while since Pearce kept to himself, preoccupied with some book he brought to read. He hadn't spared her so much as a glance since she'd entered. The other guy had his head pressed down, buried in his arms so she guessed he was asleep. Mr. Hoffman was busy on his tablet while Gigi simply peered out of the window, gazing at nothing in particular. So the classroom was filled in silence. Drab and boring but silent nonetheless, as she preferred it.

After a while, Gigi glanced at the wall clock above the board to see that only an hour had passed. She let out a breath, telling herself this day would be over before she knew it. She only had to get through another sixty minutes.

That was when the guy in the plaid shirt lifted his head and spoke. "Mr. Hoffman I need to pee."

Mr. Hoffman's eyes never left the tablet screen. "Just hold it, Connor."

"But I need to go," he insisted.

"You've only got fifteen minutes left," Mr. Hoffman notified him. "Just hold it."

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Connor snapped. "How do you think my bladder works? You think it's gonna take a ticket and have my urine sitting in wait? Either you let me go to the damn bathroom now or I go right here in this chair."

Gigi's eyebrows shot up at his declaration and it didn't sound like a bluff. Pearce didn't bat an eye, not remotely seeming to care if the boy urinated in a classroom. Mr. Hoffman tore his gaze from the tablet, meeting Connor's unflinching stare.

Mr. Hoffman released a sigh. "Go and make it quick."

Connor didn't need to be told twice before he rose from his seat and scampered out of the room. Gigi was glad the teacher had caved to letting him release himself. Up until five minutes passed and Connor made no return. Another five went by and still no sign of the boy.

"That little brat," muttered Mr. Hoffman, rising from his desk with a tightened jaw. "You two don't even think of leaving. I'm coming back." He said before marching out of the door.

Gigi saw no point in him going to search for Connor. Most likely he had lied about needing the toilet and was long gone. He hadn't entered the class with a backpack or anything either. Then it dawned on her.

She was stuck in a classroom with Pearce Conway.

Alone.

Gigi shook her head, dismissing any anxiousness or concern threatening to surface from the thought. Whether they were technically alone or not didn't matter. In spite of what she said at break, it didn't change anything. Pearce would have no reason to try and talk to her or bring it up. Why would he want to? In fact, she doubted he was even aware that they were currently by themselves since he was so focused on his book. There was no need to be self-conscious.