Bonus. The Nightmare Before Thanksgiving

PART TWO

That following morning, the festive spirit had come alive as Peyton could find the streets littered with supermarket flyers for sales on turkeys and other novelty dishes. The roadsides and doors decorated with wreaths and pine scented garlands.

Sadly, Peyton could not get herself into much of a merry mood after the incident which occurred last night.

The neighbours had contacted the police after hearing her screams which made for quite a sight when their parents arrived to find men in blue uniform at their doorstep.

The situation was dissolved quickly with the officers remarkably understanding to it after seeing their parents, for some reason.

She’d rolled out of bed at the crack of dawn, hardly able to catch a wink of sleep with her head trying to make sense to what she’d seen. Like, it couldn’t have been what it looked, right?

No, maybe the jet lag had her more sleep deprived than she thought and everything in that moment was a nightmare.

Yes. Now that made sense.

She'd made it halfway down the steps, humming a tune under her breath when the sweet scent of butter and flour tickled her nose. Huh, rare for her dad to be up this early. Nevertheless, she strutted in with a big grin.

“That smells great, daddy—"

The words died in her throat at comprehending her brother by the stove and last night’s stranger, wearing her dad’s apron. They were the only two around, but were whispering to one another with matching smiles.

Pearce took notice of Peyton first and quickly scowled. As if she was the one committing depraved acts in broad daylight. Catching the shift in demeanour, the intruder followed his gaze.

Peyton met those warm brown eyes and sheepish smile. It was her. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Pearce answered instead. “What does it look like? She’s making breakfast. Which is plenty more than what you deserve after nearly causing us to go deaf.”

“I wasn’t asking you,” Peyton hissed. She fixed her eyes back to the girl.

“Uh, I had a bit of a problem with my car and Pearce said it wasn’t safe to try taking an Uber so late so…”

With pinched brows, Peyton’s eyes fell to take in the girl’s apparel. Gone was the furry coat and hoodie, hair wavy locks free to drape down to notice a very familiar oversized gym shirt swallowing her inferior frame. One thing that wasn’t inferior being the distinct pair of mounds shaped out below the chest.

Peyton hadn’t known she’d just been gaping at the girls breasts until there was the sound of a yawn. Paris came waltzing in, flashing a bright smile to the girl. “Good morning.”

“Morning, Paris.” The girl greeted back.

Peyton could only stare in bewilderment watching her baby sister skip over, Pearce politely pulling out a chair for her to sit. Meanwhile, the brunette moved around the place in ease to grab plates and top a platter of heart shaped waffles in syrup then placed it at the table.

What the hell was this disgustingly pleasant air?

“Okay hang on here.” Peyton raised up a hand, the other pressing her temple in deep distress. “I’m expected to believe that you…” She pointed to the girl. “Slept over in Pearce’s room?”

“Of course not. She slept with me,” said Paris, stabbing a fork into her waffles. “Though normally when you’re not here, Georgia uses your room.”