TD [24] Home Alone

There's something wrong with my cell. It doesn't have your number on it.

Chapter Twenty Four

"Come on, Gigi," Daniel urged. "What happened to the whole knowing it's all in your imagination?"

"I know what I said, but it's still nerve wracking okay?" Gigi bit her lip.

"How? They're not gonna eat you."

"You can't promise that."

Daniel rolled his eyes at her overreacting. "Alright, how about we go in at the count of three?"

Gigi gripped her backpack strap in apprehension. "Can we make it ten?"

"Sure."

"... Okay."

She eyed the club room door nervously as Daniel count up. "One.. two.. three— ten!"

Quicker than Gigi could react, Daniel shoved her forward and into the drama club room. Gigi held her breath with the grip on her bag tightening as numerous heads turned to look upon the abrupt arrival. Their eyes swept over Daniel and lingered on her, making her all the more self-conscious. Thankfully, Francessca was amongst the midst and flashed her an encouraging smile.

"Georgia, Daniel," Mr. Omar greeted them with his usual kind smile. "So nice of you to show up."

Daniel gave a light shrug. "Yeah, well you know—"

"You're late. The meeting started twenty minutes ago."

"What? But I thought it was starting at four," Daniel recalled.

"Yes, we had to reschedule," replied Mr. Omar. "Who was put in charge of informing everyone of the moved meeting time?"

"Ira," supplied a girl Gigi concluded as one of the new freshman members Francessca mentioned.

The boy in mention spoke up. "I didn't see Daniel sir." Ira claimed to their drama teacher.

"Did you even look for me?" Daniel suspected.

"Nope," Ira shamelessly admitted. His dull eyes flickered to Gigi with an unappeased look before shifting them elsewhere. "I don't have time to waste scouring the halls for you. If you didn't get the message I sent, that's your fault."

Daniel narrowed his eyes at the boy and before an argument could unfold, Mr. Omar quickly jumped in.

"Alright, nevermind it now. You two come grab a seat."

It was still hard for Gigi to be at ease in her former club room after several months. She tried her best to focus on what Mr. Omar was saying about the rehearsal time table and other plans for the play. She constantly told herself that nobody was bothered by her presence, that there was no need to feel unwanted or not belonging. She couldn't say it was completely effective but it was a start in grasping concentration.

When the meeting ended, Gigi was swift to sling her backpack over her shoulder and head home when a voice that immediately seized her movement called out to her.

"Georgia."

Sapphire walked up to her, extending a sheet from the pile in her hands. "Here, a copy of the script to take home."

"Oh thanks," said Gigi, reaching out to accept but Daniel intercepted and grabbed the script.

"We've got tons of time to learn it, Saph. I'm sure Gigi is capable of memorising it at rehearsals like everyone else," said Daniel. "She was a part of the club before remember?"

Sapphire sneered. "I do and it's not for Georgia. I'm making sure she has a personal copy to give to you so you don't end up forgetting all your lines and improvising like you did for the last play."