> yes

> yes

"...yes."

Clay looked up at George anxiously, who only shook his head softly.

"Alright, I... I know. I already knew that. Let's just get out of here..."

George sighed and started looking around, setting up something in the room- what it was, Clay wasn't too sure.

"Oh, and Clay?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for not lying."

George threw a knife- one that was just sitting in Clay's room- out the window, shattering it dramatically.

He would've just opened it so they could leave, but it wasn't a window that opened. That meant a safe exit was out of the question.

He grabbed Clay and pulled him under the bed, putting a hand over his mouth to shush him just as the cops walked in.

Two officers inspected the room.

"...it looks like they made a getaway."

"Send backup to investigate?"

"Mhm."

The two left and, eventually, the room fell silent.

The house fell silent.

It was thanks to George's quick thinking there that the two of them could live out the rest of their lives.

They had to hide from the cops a few more times, but eventually the case was written off as a ploy for max tax fraud and the principal of the school was arrested.

No more murder. Just a calm life.

It was all thanks to George.

...

We lived happily thanks to George.

...

...

...

"Did you know that-"

"That you love George? Yeah, I guessed."

Clay jumped a bit as he was brought out of his own mind to his surroundings. He had gotten so lost in thought in his retelling of the story that hit nearly felt like he was there.

He was sitting in his therapist's office, looking up at the ceiling. His therapist, a blonde man with a black jacket and a green and white hat, was smiling softly at him.

"And you're still with George, Clay?"

"Huh? Oh- yeah! I am! He's great. We still have patches, too- and George makes the best eggs."

"I bet he does, Clay. And what about Nick? Is he still in the picture?"

"Heh, Nick... he and Karl are still together. They live down the street from us... it's nice. They're good neighbors. Except for the time when Nick-"

"When he broke your window because you weren't answering the phone? Or were you referring to when you caught him breaking into your house to borrow an egg?"

Clay slowly grinned.

"You know me so well, Phil."

The therapist only smiled and nodded. "Same time next week?"

"Yeah, sounds good."