Chapter 2

Clay woke up the next morning with a yawn, stretching. He got himself dressed in his uniform, sighing to himself as he looked in the mirror. He didn't dislike the uniform, but the neat white longsleeve and the black pants just didn't /feel/ right. They fit his body, just not his personality.

Of course, he felt more fitting as he hid knives on himself. Two in his waistband and one strapped around his thigh under his pants- for good measure. The feeling of the cold blade against his skin was refreshing, far more so than the boring uniform. It made him wonder how the average student got by with the simple attire.

Still, he tied his tie around the neck and fixed his collar like a normal student. Satisfied with himself, he headed to school. His goal for the day was to be done with his assignment before class- he was still angry at himself for letting George get the best of him.

He didn't know what George /did/ to him, but he was angry about it. The audacity of him to play with his emotions like that- Clay didn't gen know how he did it. Didn't this dumbass know that he and Techno were made for eachother? It was obvious- to Clay, at least.

He snapped out of his thoughts as he approached the school- no time to be angry, he had a task that needed accomplishing.

Juniors typically waited on the roof of the school before class, but Clay naturally assumed that George would be with his Senior friends over Juniors he didn't know- and he was right.

He crept to the senior courtyard and saw George with Techno and Wilbur. As Techno turned his head, sensing his presence, Clay ducked behind a bush and listened.

"Huh? What?" Wilbur asked, following Techno's gaze. Techno shook his head and looked back at the others.

"Nothing. Just a rat. You know the school has a problem with them."

Wilbur nodded, and the three returned to their conversation- after Techno gave a sharp glare to Clay, who only returned with an affectionate sigh to himself.

The three of them talked about random things, Clay listening intently only for the sound of his boyfriend's voice. What surprised him was George's voice, which made him feel... weird. That dumbass was playing with his emotions again, making him feel the same way as Techno made him feel. It was pissing him off. He blinked and attempted to listen to what they were saying.

"...yeah, and her cat left her another dead bird," Wilbur laughed.

"Ew, again? Cats are scary sometimes," George chuckled awkwardly, shaking his head.

"It's how they show their love, how is that scary?" Techno questioned.

"It just is, I don't know- don't you think it's weird at least?" George replied defensively.

"...yeah, it's weird, I'll give you that. Pretty gross, but not scary." Techno shook his head.

"Whatever," George shook his head.

The conversation moved on, but Clay was distracted by his own thoughts. He would usually appreciate a chance to hear Techno's voice in any capacity, but George's voice made him so angry. He needed to kill him, but he had no clue how to pull him away from the group- Techno really made this one hard on him.

He groaned and started to walk away before hearing something that sparked his interest.

"...oh, Techno! I was gonna talk to you during lunch, but you were with someone else? Who was that?" George asked, tilting his head.

"Oh, him? He's a friend- I suppose. He sticks around me, and I get him a pass to the senior courtyard for lunch and such so he does my homework."

Clay grinned as he heard that. Techno was so smart- he was even talking about him! To his friends! He nearly squealed at that, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Aw, just for the homework? Isn't that kinda mean?" George asked, tilting his head.

Wilbur laughed at that. "The kid's annoying at times, but he's cute. If he weren't a freshman, I'd have to try and beat Techno to win him over-"

"Wil! Gross!" George complained, shaking his head.

Clay huffed and crossed his arms at that. No one could compare to Techno in his eyes, so it was stupid to even think about that. He and Techno were soulmates- he had decided that months ago. It was clear to Clay that no one loved anyone else like the two of them loved each other.

The bell rang and he shook his head, heading off to class. His mind was full of thoughts of anger- at himself and at George. He was silently cursing himself out when he ran into a familiar figure- this time on accident.

"Oh- Sorry!" George apologized quickly, offering Clay a hand. Not even realizing, Clay took his hand and pulled himself up. As he made eye contact with George, he felt that same gross feeling in his stomach. He swore he could feel time slow and his own heartbeat in his chest.

He snapped out of his thoughts as he heard him speak again. "Hey, you're that freshman Techno hangs around sometimes, right?" George asked, tilting his head.

Clay blinked a bit and shook his head, snapping out of it. "Y-yeah! He's my boyfriend, so-" he kinda hissed, pulling his hand back from George's.

"You two are... Dating?" He questioned, tilting his head.

"Yeah- of course we are! Why do you sound surprised at that? You think I'm not good enough?" Dream growled, eyebrows furrowing.

George took a step back and put his hands in the air defensively. "No, no, that's not what I was trying to say at all! It's just... he seems... mean?"

Clay huffed and crossed his arms. "Mean? What do you know about Techno, dumbass?! You're new here for fucks sake!"

George shook his head apologetically. "I'm not trying to say I know better than you, I'm just saying that-"

He was cut off by the bell for class ringing. Clay huffed and turned away, starting to walk before feeling a hand on his shoulder.

"Can we talk later? After school?"

"Fucking... fine."