Chapter 17

Another extra TW in this chapter, it's a little bit graphic towards the end. Not too bad imo, it's def been worse //

George only found himself blinking in stunned silence as those words escaped Dream's mouth.

"Clay... I-"

Before George had time to really even process what he heard, the door opened up behind him making the two of them turn and look up.

"Hey George did you-" Nick started to speak, but his eyes quickly trailed to the bloody mess in front of him. "...is that a dead body?"

Dream hesitated to respond, opening his mouth before getting cut off.

"Is that TECHNO's dead body??"

"Well, yeah- but-"

"POGCHAMP!"

That exclamation left both Dream and George in stunned silence, albeit for two very different reasons, before George finally spoke up.

"What is... you two are... holy shit..."

"What? Oh, no, I wasn't in on this or anything... but it's Techno."

"He's DEAD, Nick!"

"Fucker deserved it. You seen how he is with Clay?"

"I- well- yeah, but-"

"Are you saying he /didn't/ deserve it?"

Nick raised an eyebrow as he said that, making George sigh and look away.

"...I just didn't think I'd be a murder accomplice today is all."

The three sat in silence for a minute before Dream stood up fully and sighed. "Well, since you guys are here... Sapnap, can you make a distraction?"

"On it."

"Great. George? Can you keep watch for me?"

"..."

"George, please?"

"I... I guess..?"

"Thank you!" Dream grinned, hugging George excitedly. George flinched, considering the circumstances, and kinda just awkwardly pat Dream on the back.

"Alright, Sap, you go then we go?"

"Give me 5 minutes then head out."

Dream nodded, watching Nick leave. After Nick was gone, he checked the time and gave George a quick smile before getting to work concealing the body.

George could only watch for a moment before looking away, not wanting to deal with the repercussions that came with processing the fact that his friend was a murderer. Luckily, he didn't need to. Before he knew it, Clay was speaking.

"Alright, George, can you keep lookout?"

"...Clay, I'm not gonna-"

"George. If someone sees me here I'm fucking screwed."

"...fine."

So, after those five minutes passed, the two headed out of the room- George looking more anxious than usual and Clay with a bag slung over his shoulder.

The two barely got to the edge of the wing before hearing the announcement alarm turn on. The two glanced at each other on confusion before hearing the intro to 'We Didn't Start the Fire' begin playing over the loudspeaker.

Hearing this only made George more confused, but it made Dream grin. As the fire alarms started to blare, Dream couldn't help but laugh happily.

"Sapnap you genius bastard,"

He grinned as he continued, quickly making his way around the crowd of people leaving the building and peering at them from around the wall. He motioned for George to follow as he saw that the coast was clear, heading out to the senior courtyard.

He made his way to the tree that he and Techno would always eat at, now smiling and humming to himself. As they approached the tree, they saw Sapnap leaning against it calmly. He stood up when he saw them.

"Nick? How'd you know we were going here?" George asked curiously.

"Just... a hunch," Nick replied.

As the pair approached Nick, they could see he had a small bit of ash on his hand and the side of his face.

"George... let's wait for Clay by the exit, yeah?" Nick asked.

George glanced back at Clay, who was already digging up dirt, before nodding and following Sapnap.

Clay dug up a nice, decent grave considering he only had his hands and a few minutes to do so. He laid techno's body in the relatively shallow grave, covering his body back with dirt.

He had covered all but his face before grinning as he got an idea. For all this work he deserved a souvenir, didn't he?

He pulled a knife out from his waistband with one hand and used his other hand to pull open Techno's eyelid. Carefully, he plunged the knife into his eye socket and pulled out what was left of his lover's eye.

What was interesting to him was that there was no blood- this was a clean procedure. It made sense, since it had been quite awhile since there was any blood flow... anywhere. Still interesting.

And so, he covered the rest of the course in dirt, pocketed the eyeball, and made his way back to his friends.

"Just in time, Clay, the fire trucks just pulled in around front. George, you parked somewhere back here, right?"

George hesitated before sighing. "...yeah."

"Good, let's get the fuck out of here."

And so, with that, the trio headed to George's car. George hopped in the driver's seat, Nick yelling "shotgun!" and hopping into the passengers as if this was just a normal day, and Clay being left with the back seat.

And they drove off like that, Clay resting his arms on the two of the front seats to sit between his friends.