Chapter 21

Another few days passed, leaving the situation to settle down. Clay brought George his clothes, there were a few more questionably homiesexual interactions, though nothing had really come of it yet.

And Clay was not happy about that.

Clay was extra not happy when he saw George by his locker, talking to a girl, smiling and laughing. He felt his eyebrows furrow as George waved to the girl, and then quickly ducked behind a wall when he saw George heading his way.

George was humming to himself, jumping a small bit when he saw Clay. "Oh, Clay, you got here early! I was just about to go meet you at your locker- everything alright?"

Clay jumped a small bit as well when George spoke to him, but he quickly fixed himself up. "Oh- yeah! It's no big deal, just gonna go get some late work turned in for algebra- you know?"

George smiled and chuckled softly. "Oh, yeah. Algebra's a bitch. Good luck with that."

Clay nodded and walked past George, putting on a smile.

He wasn't going to turn in any late work.

Something he had picked up from his time with techno was a neat encyclopedic knowledge of the students at this school- one of whom just happened to be Andrea, head of the chess club, and fucking man taker, apparently.

That was a minor issue for Dream, though.

He hummed as he made his way down the hall, getting the older girl to "help him find his way" to the club room.

No one was there.

Of course he took the chance to stab her on the spot- no one else would show up for around an hour since clubs didn't start until then, giving him ample time to clean up himself and the body.

He expected George to find out- to comment on her disappearance at least- but no. Nothing came of that.

Nothing came of Daniella's death, either.

Or Kasey's.

Or Candy's.

Or Heather's.

They all talked to George. They all made him smile. And over the next few weeks, they all died at Dream's hands.

They all died at Dream's hands and George didn't know.

Dream really didn't think George would catch on. That was, until he did.

He had just finished hiding Nessa's body in the bathroom of the abandoned wing, walking out- only to be stopped by George.

"George! What are you doing here? Didn't you have to go study..?"

"I did. I thought I would wait for you to finish your Biology tutoring... but you weren't there."

"O-oh yeah! I finished early, you know? I just-"

"Clay."

George's stern voice made Clay jump a bit. "Y-yeah..?"

"Is there a body in that bathroom?"

"...no..?"

"Clay."

"There's not! I-"

"Clay, I need you to promise me something."

"What is it? Anything for you!"

"I need you to promise me you'll stop lying."

"Y-yeah, I promise!"

"Good. Now, is there or is there not a dead body in that bathroom?"

"...there is."

George sighed softly. "...I knew it wasn't just Techno. It wasn't, was it?"

"...no."

"..." a moment of silence filled the air. "..let's go home."

And so, the two walked back to George's car. Like they did everyday, George took Clay home. It was an awkward ride... it was quiet.

Too quiet.

Way too quiet.

Then, sirens could be heard.

"Clay- what the fuck??"

"Shit- shit- petal to the floor, George, come on!!"

The two sped back to Dream's house, the sirens still distantly audible. They ran inside and slammed the door shut, locking it. Not even 10 minutes later, there was a loud knock at the door.

"YOURE UNDER ARREST FOR 40+ ACCOUNTS OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER. COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR RIGHT NOW!"

The two ran into Clay's bedroom, slamming the door behind them and quickly hiding.

"Dream- Dream I need you to be fucking honest with me."

"Of course- a-anything for you!"

"Did you kill all of those people?"

"..."

> yes
> no