Chapter 18

That car ride was a strange one, for sure. George sat in paranoid silence while Clay and Nick talked to eachother as if nothing had happened. Eventually, Clay looked over at George. "Oh, do you need my address?"

George blinked.

"I- well- yeah, but I can't just drop you guys off! You killed someone! And you started a fire!"

The two rolled their eyes at that.

"Well then, smartass," Clay started, "what's your bright idea?"

"I... well... we can't go to my house! You two clearly just committed a crime and my mom would freak out-" George started, only to be interrupted by Clay.

"Well we can't /all/ go to my house! I don't have, like, any food. Or spare sheets- or beds-" he turned to Nick as if to ask if they could crash at his place, but Nick shook his head.

"We can't go to mine- I smell like fire. I was just gonna crash at Karl's, but we can't all just crash at my boyfriend's house. Too many people."

Clay blinked. "You have a- you know what, it's fine. I know where we can stay- no one should be home there for a bit."

George looked over at Clay. "You... worded that so weirdly. I'm concerned."

"Don't worry about it."

And with that, Clay gave George the address to Techno's old apartment. George was hesitant to follow random instructions to a random location, but as he realized he had no other choice, he gave in.

So, the three of them set off. It only took about 10 minutes for them to get there, Nick and George following Clay up to the building. When Clay just started picking the lock as opposed to, y'know, opening the door, George and Nick looked at eachother.

"Clay, where are we..?" George questioned.

Clay only hummed as he opened the door. "Oh, don't worry about it."

Nick looked at Clay, then at the building. "Clay, is this- oh my god-"

George looked over at Nick curiously. "What? Do you know where we are."

"...Clay was right, don't worry about it."

With that, the trio headed into Clay's dead boyfriend's apartment happily, Clay hopping down on the couch and turning on the tv.

Nick looked around for a small bit, then sat next to Clay. He really didn't care at this point, that much was obvious.

George, on the other hand, was clearly more concerned. He gave Nick a "really?" type look as the other male sat down, shaking his head.

"The least you two could do is get the smell of rotting corpse and arson off of you before you just sit down and watch tv." George complained.

"What, go shower? What would we even wear?" Nick asked.

Clay paused, but the concept of wearing Techno's clothes made him sit up at the idea. "Actually, Nick, we're around the same size- there are some clothes here that should fit."

"What- no-"

"Why not? George is right, you smell horrible."

"That's not what I-" George tried to interrupt, but Clay kept talking.

"Take a shower. Stinky."

"You shower first."

"We can shower together-"

"What??"

"I'm kidding. God, Sapnap, you weirdo. You should shower first, though. I'll get you clothes."

"...fine."

Nick shook his head and stood up, looking for the bathroom to go shower. Clay quickly got him a second uniform from Techno's closet and put it in the bathroom for Nick. Then, he was left alone with George.

George was currently in the kitchen rummaging through cabinets in an effort to find some makeable food. Clay smiled and hopped onto the counter, greeting him with a happy "Gogy!"

George, obviously, flinched a bit at that. "Oh... Clay. What do you want?"

He wasn't angry, just still struggling to process what had happened earlier that day. Clay, on the other hand, had seemingly moved on just like that.

"What do I want..? Uh... I want Gogy. Duh."

"Well, you have me. But I'm trying to make us dinner right now-"

Dream smiled brightly as he heard George say 'You have me', only frowning when he heard George change the subject.

"Georgeeee, I want affection."

George blinked and tilted his head. "You want... affection?"

Clay nodded.

"What do you mean you want affection?"

Clay gave a childish huff, pouting at George. "I mean what I said, dummy! I want affection."

George felt himself blush a tiny bit, just at Clay being cute. God, what was he on to be finding a murderer cute?? Well, maybe it was okay- because the murderer was, in fact, very cute.

"Uh... okay? Affection, yay-" George said a bit sarcastically, ruffling up Clay's hair.

"That's not affection!"

"...yay, affection?" George asked, scooting over and giving Clay a quick hug.

"That's not affection either! You're so mean, George!" Clay pouted.

"Clay, I really don't know what you want from me-"

"Affection! Ah-fect-cion. Like that one time in the library, remember?"

"That one time in the..." is face lit up as he realized what Clay was talking about. "Clay, that's not-"

"Give me affection, Simp."

"What?- I'm not- well-" George sighed and shook his head, quickly grabbing Clay's face and kissing him just to shut him up.

Clay kissed him back, just like he did last time- except this time, he didn't have a second of shock. This time, he was happy.