Chapter 3

Clay went about his day fairly calmly, though he was still pissed off about George. He didn't know why his stupid brain was stuck on this, but he couldn't get the other out of his head. It seemed that George occupied his thoughts for the day- angry thoughts, of course.

The highlight of his day was lunch, sitting under their tree with Techno. Of course, after that it was right back to being frustrated.

Whatever, he realized he could take this meetup with George as just another chance to kill him before Friday. He was at his locker when he realized that the two never actually made a plan to meet up. Well, whatever, maybe he just didn't have to worry about it-

"Hey Dream!"

Nevermind.

Clay blinked a few times, looking back at the other. It seemed George had found him despite that. That being said...

"The fuck did you just call me?" He glared down around the shorter man.

"D-Dream? Is that not your name?" George questioned, now anxiously messing with his fingers.

"...no, not to you. It's Clay."

"Oh- I- Sorry-"

Clay sighed and shook his head, relaxing a small bit and softening his glare. George relaxed as he saw that the other seemed less mad.

"Clay... I still want to talk to you."

"We're talking now, aren't we?"

"W-well yeah, but I wanted to talk somewhere... private?"

Clay sighed at that, closing his locker. Hey, talking privately was an excuse to drag him off and kill him- so he wasn't complaining.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever."

George smiled and started walking, leaving Clay to follow him. Clay followed, of course, but he found it funny how giddy George was to dig his own grave.

The two ended up behind the school, George stopping at the locked gate that led into the courtyard.

Clay huffed and leaned against the wall. "Great- what was so important you had to make me take a 10 minute walk to tell me?"

George hesitantly shook his head, sighing. "It's about techno," he admitted, looking away.

"...what /about/ techno?" Clay raised an eyebrow and stepped closer. As George was looking away to talk, Clay reached for one of the knives tucked into his waistband.

"Well, it's probably not a big deal, but he keeps insisting to me and Wilbur that he doesn't know you? But I just feel a bit bad, because you said you were dating-"

Clay tensed up a bit, pausing. He didn't even get to grab the knife fully before feeling the need to defend his boyfriend.

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"N-no! I'm saying-"

"Are you calling techno a liar, then?" He glared.

"Well, just a bit..."

Clay stood up fully, glaring down at George. George only gulped a bit.

"He has his reasons. You don't know him. You don't know /me/. Okay?"

George looked up at him and put a hand on his shoulder. That made those weird feelings come back- the feelings that he hated. The weird butterflies in his stomach that he should only feel for Techno. The heat in his face, the heavy feeling in his chest- all feelings he didn't want to have for anyone other than techno.

The only difference, really, was that he usually felt a pit in his stomach when he was with Techno. A sense of dread- one that he always associated with love.

"I know I don't know you, Clay, I'm just worried. I don't want you to get your feelings hurt-"

Clay growled and pushed his hand off of him, coming to his senses.

"If this was all, I'm going home."

"Wait, Clay-"

"I don't care." He was already walking away from the other, ignoring any further attempts at restarting the conversation until he gave up and just let him walk home.

He walked home without any music or anything- just him and his thoughts.

He was pissed enough at George as it was, but that conversation didn't help in the slightest. The nerve of some people... what was that supposed to mean, he was "worried"?

George just didn't get it. Just because Techno wasn't affectionate in public didn't mean they weren't in love. Sometimes, he would yell at Clay in the halls- that had to mean something, right? Of course it did!

What also didn't sit right with him was the weird emotional response he felt around George. It was the same one he felt as he watched Techno- it was a feeling he had never felt before that.

Despite that, the feeling was so... different. There was no fear there like there was with Techno- that's how he knew his feelings for Techno were true. Whatever he felt for George was certainly a fault of George's, not his own.

Still, it took up his mind- he had thought more about George today than techno. It made him wonder- did he really deserve Techno? Did he deserve his affection?

...no.

...maybe.

...yes, but only if he could prove it.

He felt the blade against his thigh brush his skin, bringing him back to reality.

It was Tuesday. He had 3 more days until his deadline. 3 days to prove his affection.

He could get it done. He /had/ to get it done.