Chapter 9

This one's short, sry! Tw for abuse and bloody scenes, again more than usual //

Dream had a straight face as he walked back to the abandoned wing of the school. This was his favorite place to do his work, and yet he didn't feel his usual happy excitement that working gave him. Instead, he felt... nothing.

That feeling of nothingness engulfed him more and more frequently when he thought of Techno. It was this feeling that would get him through his plan- he was sure of it.

He made his way down the staircase, heading to the now decommissioned boiler room. It was dark, even as he flipped the light on and leaned against the wall with a huff. After a moment of mental preparation, he pulled out his phone.

Me: Techno
Me: Technooooo
Techno 💕💖💘: what?
Me: it's done! 💚
Techno 💕💖💘: where?
Me: Boiler room
Me: Left wing
Me: the usual 💚
Read.

Dream set his phone aside and sighed to himself, still needing a moment to really be ready.

Unfortunately, he didn't really get all the time he wanted. Before he knew it, Techno was there. He closed the door behind him and quickly realized that there was no body to be found, looking to dream for an explanation.

"...Techno, we need to talk."

"You lied."

"I didn't lie, I-"

"You're still lying."

"Techno, listen to me-"

"No, you lied to me and I'm gonna-"

"CAN YOU FUCKING SHUT UP FOR 2 SECONDS?" Dream snapped, standing from the wall and looking up at Techno angrily.

Techno was clearly taken back by that, eyes widening for a small moment before his brows quickly furrowed and his face shifted to that of anger even Dream could see. He gulped a bit.

"I- I mean-"

"You listen to me when I speak to you." Techno took a step forward. Clay took a step back into the wall fearfully.

"I'm so-"

"YOU LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU." He repeated, yelling now as he gripped his 'lover' by the collar of his shirt and threw him to the ground. He roughly stepped on his chest, yelling words that Clay was too caught off guard by the pain to process.

Techno continued to yell, but all Clay could hear was muffled ringing in his ears as the other kicked his chest and torso. He felt the fresh carving split and bleed, soaking into his white shirt.

He managed to back himself into the wall, sitting up a bit as Techno continued to yell. He quickly coughed into his hand, feeling a coat of blood now on his fingers from that in the darkness. He felt his chest with his other hand, realizing that the blood was already dripping from his mouth down his neck.

But coughing up blood, bleeding from the stomach, and just generally looking like he was on the verge of passing out wasn't enough to make Techno stop. As he continued to yell, Dream slowly managed to stand on shaky legs.

Not even letting Techno finish his sentence, Dream grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and kissed him roughly. Before Techno could even break out of the shock that gave him and react, he felt the cold blade of the knife in his back.

Techno went limp in Dream's arms, him falling being what broke the kiss. Dream struggled to support the weight on him, falling to the floor with Techno still on him. He licked his lips, tasting a gross mixture of the two of them's blood. He smiled a bit and looked down at Techno, and for what felt like the first time this week, he felt the same way about Techno that he always had.

He felt love.