Chapter 17.5

"Give me five minutes, then head out."

Nick grinned as Clay gave him a nod of approval. As soon as he was told to be a distraction so Clay could get rid of the body, he knew he had a plan.

So, he made his way down the hall quickly, humming to himself.

Sure, his best friend just committed murder- but he didn't really care. It was Techno, who he already fucking despised. He was just glad that Techno couldn't hurt Clay any more, honestly. If murder was what it took for thst to happen then sobeit.

He turned the corner and peered into the window to the office. It was empty- of course it was, it was after school. He made his way to the door and twisted the handle, sighing softly as he found that it was locked.

He fished around in his pocket for a bobby pin, finding one fairly quickly. He kept a few of them on hand- both for lockpicking and for keeping his hair up, since it was fairly long and he tended to wear it up in space buns.

He took the pin and pushed it into the lock, humming as he quickly managed to unlock the door. He quietly walked in, only barely able to see from what little light came from behind the closed blinds.

He made his way back behind the desk, where the physical student files were kept. He dug through the folders of seniors, but couldn't find one labeled 'Techno' anywhere.

He did, however, find one labeled 'David Blade'.

David..? He pulled out the file and looked at the image. Sure as hell, that was the bastard he was looking for.

He grinned to himself and pulled out the file, closing the drawer behind him. He set that down and shook the mouse to the computer used at the front desk- and sure as hell, the office lady left herself logged in.

This was too perfect.

He typed "We Didn't Start The Fire" into the youtube search bar, pulled the mic to the intercom over to the speaker, and hit play. He heard the song over the loudspeakers from outside, snickering to himself.

Calmly still, he went back to the file and pulled a lighter out from his pocket. Dream wasn't the only one with tricks up his sleeve, now was he? He lit the file on fire and set it down on a stack of papers, everything that was on that desk quickly catching fire.

He put the lighter away and booked it out of the room before he was caught anywhere near the fire itself, quickly pulling the alarm on his way out as he made his way to where he assumed Clay would go.

He knew Clay well. Well enough that he was certain playing the song he played over the intercom would let him know what he was doing; as kids, the two had agreed that that would be the song to play if they ever did commit arson. At the time it was just an edgy joke, but now it came in handy.

He also knew Clay well enough to know that he would want Techno's makeshift burial to be somewhat sentimental- and he always saw them at that stupid tree- so it was pretty easy to put two and two together there.

Sure as hell, within about a minute of waiting, Clay and George arrived.

"Nick? How'd you know we were going here?"

"Just... a hunch."

/////////////

Authors note time! This is a short lil side chapter, but I just wanna say tysm for 20k (now 21k because I took all day to write this chapter) reads! So, yeah,, celebration mini chapter :>