> no

Death tw on this chapter

———————

"...no."

George only gave an exhausted glance. He didn't even say a word. He just silently got up and, without a word, walked out the door.

He didn't know what had happened to Clay. He didn't care. It wasn't his issue.

He honestly didn't know why he had kept up with Clay- with Dream, with the murders- with everything.

But he was done.

And yet, despite that, he found himself worried for Clay.

...and yet.

As much as he didn't want to, he found himself worried for Clay.

He would look to his side during lunch and frown when he realized that Clay wasn't with him. When his friends asked where he was, he could only cringe and say he wasn't sure, but he missed him.

That was, until he heard a frantic knock at his door.

He was home alone, so obviously this scared the shit out of him.

"George! George open your door!"

Ignore it ignore it ignore it ignore it-

"It's about Clay!"

...

Fine.

George sighed and opened the door, looking at Nick who was panicking and out of breath.

Nick only pushed past him into his living room, grabbing the tv remote and switching the channel to the news. That's where he saw it:

"Breaking News! Local highschool student sentenced to the death penalty for the murder of nearly 70 classmates."

George could only stand in silence.

"George we have to go, come on!"

Nick dragged George out and to his car. George didn't remember most of what came next- it was blurry.

All he remembered was running into the office with Nick, hoping that the two of them could do something- anything-

But it was too late.

All they could do was watch as Clay was already strapped to the chair, a smile on his face.

"Oh, George!" The blonde-haired boy said with a smile from the other side of the glass, "I love George!"

"Clay-"

It was too late for George to get another word out- not that Clay would've heard anyways.

He couldn't apologize.

He couldn't say he loved him back.

He just had to sit back and watch as the room lit up white from the sparks.

He just had to sit back and watch his lover die.

He never even got to say goodbye.