Chapter 6

"H-hi techno!" Clay answered the phone as he ducked behind a large tree.

"Dream."

"Techno!"

"Dream."

"...techno?"

There was a small bit of disapproving static from the other end of the line.

"I- I'm sorry..."

"You better be fucking sorry."

"I am!"

"What are you sorry for, Dream?"

Clay blinked a bit, unsure of what to say.

"For... missing lunch..?"

"And?"

"For... not finishing the job yet..."

"And?"

"...I did something else?"

"Yes. What did you do, Dream?"

"I don't-"

"Where are you right now, Dream?"

"A-at the park?"

"With?"

"N-no one?"

"Dream."

Clay anxiously pulled at his hair, feeling his heart in his chest. He felt guilty instantly- was this cheating? He couldn't believe he would do that- to techno and to himself. He was shaking as he realized what he did, snapped out of his thought quickly.

"Dream."

"W-with George."

There was yelling from the other end, but it peaked the mic and Clay was too taken back to even process what he was saying.

"Techno, I think this would be better to talk about in person-"

"What?? Wait- Dream, no. Don't you dare. IF YOU SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA-"

"Be there in 10!" Clay quickly hung up, holding his phone to his chest. He had to take a second to regain himself.

He knew that Techno loved him, and that this was just him showing his love, but it was still fucking terrifying sometimes. Right, 10 minutes.

He glanced back out to the park around him, supposing he should let George know he was leaving. Though when he did, he didn't see anyone. Whatever, it just made him be able to make his way there faster.

He ran to Techno's apartments, putting in the code and finding his way to Techno's apartment. He got his hairpin and picked the locks quickly, opening the door. Inside, he saw techno in front one of the windows quickly locking it. He looked back and sighed, giving an annoyed "why do I even bother..?"

"Techno!" Clay shouted happily, going to jump at him and hug him. Techno simply reached out an arm and blocked him like he did this every day- mostly because he did.

"I'm still mad, Dream."

"You're... mad?" Dream frowned, blinking a bit in surprise.

"Yes I'm- HOW DID YOU NOT FIGURE THAT OUT BY NOW??"

"You didn't... /seem/ mad..."

"HOW THE EVERLOVING FUCK DID I NOT SEEM MAD?"

Clay was already on the floor from Techno blocking him earlier, but as he went to get up, techno put a boot down on his chest and pushed him down more. He kept yelling at Clay, but Clay was zoned out with a lovestruck look.

"...you're fucking useless. I give up," he sighed eventually. Just yelling for a few minutes seemed to calm Techno down to some extent.

All Clay got out of that interaction was 2 conclusions:
Techno hot
Techno jealous
Both of these were conclusions he had come to on his own, so he truly was useless when it came to being yelled at.

"Just... okay. Are you happy? Can you leave now?" Techno asked, shaking his head.

"Do I have toooooo?" Clay whined, looking up at Techno with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes."

Techno picked his foot up and Clay stood, looking back at him before heading off.

He headed back home without too many thoughts in his head. In fact, for the first time since... forever, he found himself not reminiscing over how much he loved Techno. He felt how he felt before Techno- he just felt empty.

He questioned why he felt like this. By all means, he should be thinking about Techno. Techno had occupied his mind rent-free for months, but right now he just... wasn't.

He told himself that he was just tired- that these feelings would return by the time he got a good rest.

As he arrived home, he turned on the lights to his empty house. He walked up to his room, sighing. When he arrived at his room, he closed his door behind him and looked in the mirror.

He pulled his shirt off and looked at the new bruises left from Techno today. He looked down and ran his finger over the mark on his chest, flinching a small bit.

He looked back at himself in the mirror, shifting a bit so he could see his sides and his back. He always knew when techno gave him new marks, but he never took the time to see how they accumulated on his body.

He had healing bruises on his chest and sides, but also multiple scars and burn marks from previous days- previous weeks and month, at this point.

It wasn't like it was just Techno- a few of the marks were from others when they resisted his attacks. Though those were a small minority of what littered his body.

He didn't mind the marks from Techno, though. They served as a reminder to his love- they made him smile... usually. Tonight, for whatever reason, they only added to the empty feeling in his chest.

He blinked a bit, shaking his head. He changed into his casual clothes to go to sleep in. He considered ordering something to eat for dinner, but he decided against it. Instead, he just hopped into his bed and closed his eyes. He eventually slipped from consciousness, falling asleep fairly soundly