Fresh Faces

Caster: The Final Narrator was my take on life and death. I believed that life was a story, and god was a writer which was why every life was beautiful and interesting. The angels who announced death were what I believed to be the narrators of everyone's final moment, which is how I got the title for the book. The book itself was written to express how beautiful life was.

Kadoc: And how about Those Who Make Amends?

Caster: The book in short was about the relationship between a Human and a Faunus who tried to escape from society before-LOOKOUT MASTER!

I snapped out of it and saw a boy carrying a huge stack of books. I tried to stop but it was too late, I bumped into the boy causing the stack of books he had to collapse, and with them, him.

Boy: AAHH!

The boy put the fallen books aside and looked at me with a scared expression. The boy was a scrawny feline-type Faunus, his traits being a pair of animal ears, and a tail. The boy had long, unkempt black hair. He wore a pair of circular glasses, and a strange outfit unlike any I'd seen in Remnant or my world before. He wore a strange white coat, and underneath the coat he wore an orange shirt with black sleeves and black pants that looked Chinese.

 He wore a strange white coat, and underneath the coat he wore an orange shirt with black sleeves and black pants that looked Chinese

(remove the smile, add circular glasses, give him normal eyes and a normal nose)

Boy: I-I'm sorry! I'll look where I'm going next time!

The boy scrambled to pick up the books and inched away from me slightly when I bent down to help him.

Kadoc: It's fine, I was the one who bumped into you anyway.

Boy: T-thank you.

Once we restacked all of the books, I helped him up and offered my hand.

Kadoc: I'm Kadoc Zemlupus. And you are?

He shook my hand and bowed.

Boy: My name is Lai Yaozu.

Kadoc: Nice to meet you Lai.

Lai: A-actually, my given name is Yaozu.

I looked at him with a confused expression on my face, wondering if the name system was different.

Yaozu: Lai is my family name. We put our family name first to show respect for our ancestors.

Kadoc: I see...

The boy seemed to have trouble with all the books, and two of the books fell off. I bent down to pick them up and saw that they were both medical books. One about anatomy, the other, about pharmaceutical drugs.

Kadoc: Medical books?

Yaozu: I'm a doctor.

Kadoc: Don't you mean you want to be a doctor?

Yaozu: No, I am a doctor.

I looked at him even more confused than before. He looked even younger than Ruby and even if he wasn't, he was just a student, he couldn't possibly be a doctor yet.