Some Time Alone

When I woke up, the events of the night before were extremely fuzzy. I had this excruciatingly painful headache as well. A cup of what seemed to be coffee was resting on a saucer in front of me. I drowsily looked around the room and saw that Blake was sound asleep next to me. Her arms were wrapped around me, and she purred in her sleep (something I found extremely odd, but fitting). I tried to shake her awake but it was futile. I stood up and unwrapped her arms from around me. It seemed to be early in the morning as the first few rays of the sun were just beginning to shine through the windows. I inhaled sharply and tried to remember what happened yesterday night. At first I couldn't recall anything, similarly to when I first woke up in Remnant, but then it came to me. I was trying to get Blake to go to the dance. After a lengthy conversation, I had managed to convince her to take it easy. I vaguely remembered some sort of intimate moment, but when I tried to remember more than what I already had, I couldn't find anything. Considering that we still had time to sleep and that Blake needed quite a lot of it, I decided to let her sleep. I lifted her off of the chair she was sleeping on and princess carried her back to the dorm building.

Once there, I silently entered Team RWBY's dorm with a strange device Blake called a scroll, and gently placed her on her bed. I brushed aside some strands of her long, black hair that were covering her face and kissed her on the forehead. She truly was beautiful. When we had first met I hadn't noticed it, but after we interfered with Torchwick's business venture and that short kiss, I began to notice it more and more. I just regretted that I hadn't noticed sooner. Her fair skin glistened in the morning sun. Her slender body seemed so frail, yet I knew how strong she actually was. I walked over to the door and was about to leave the room when Blake woke up.

Blake: You're leaving, Kadoc?

I turned around to look at her and smiled calmly. She got up and rubbed her eyes for a bit. The bags underneath her eyes had started to fade but were still visible.

Kadoc: Yeah. I need all the sleep I can get.

Blake: C-could you perhaps stay with me?

Kadoc: Of course... But what for?

Blake nervously shuffled around and her face became redder than Ruby's cloak and she turned her face away from me. From the other side of the room, I could feel the heat radiating off of her face and it was starting to make me sweat. That, or I was extremely nervous as well.

Blake: D-do you mind sleeping with me...?

When she said that, a million thoughts went racing in my head. SO SOON! DOES SHE REALLY WANT THAT ALREADY!? I thought. I tried to calm myself down, as a part of me wanted it badly, but the both of us were still underage and I didn't want to get caught like when she had kissed me.

Kadoc: EH!?

Blake: C-could you stay and comfort me? I had a horrible nightmare so it would help a lot if you could stay...

Kadoc: A-ah... Sure.

She moved over to the right on the bed to make some room for me. She patted the spot on the spot next to her, inviting me to lie down with her. I was starting to have second thoughts and considered refusing and leaving the room. But she said she needed some comfort, and I wanted her to rest. So if this was going to help, I would do it regardless of how shameful it would be to get caught in that scenario. I swallowed whatever fear I had and walked over to the bed. I pulled the covers aside and slipped into the bed right next to her, pulling the covers over me.

Blake: T-thanks Kadoc.

Kadoc: So what was the nightmare about?

Blake: I could see him-the Alchemist I mean. He was sitting with me at a table in a dark room, gazing at me through his reflective glass mask. Strange things kept moving in the corner of my eye, and occasionally I would hear some sort of static. The space around the Alchemist started to glitch, and these horrible, disfigured monsters kept appearing beside him in a flash. They looked like the mutilated corpses of policemen and they kept whispering in some language I couldn't understand. Not once was I ever jump scared but knowing that something was lurking around, and watching me was much more terrifying.