The First Order: Beacon of Hope

The next day, we changed into our combat gear and headed out into a beautiful forest, all the leaves were red as if it was always fall. Professor Goodwitch was leading us students into the forest for the "field trip".

Professor Goodwitch: Yes students, the forest of forever fall is indeed beautiful, but we are not here to sightsee. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside the forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

Professor Goodwitch abruptly stopped, and so did everyone else. Jaune, who was carrying a trunk and several jars, bumped into Cardin. Cardin glared at him causing Jaune to laugh nervously and back up. Lately Jaune had been spending more time with Cardin and seemed...a bit off, almost like he was forced to do it.

Professor Goodwitch: Each of you is to gather one jars worth of red sap, however, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at four o'clock. Have fun!

Cardin grabbed onto Jaunes shirt, bringing him with him.

Cardin: C'mon buddy, lets go.

I led my teammates deeper into the woods to gather sap from trees. Fortunately, I had learned how to do this.

I borrowed one of Yu's swords and cut a crescent into one of the trees and tried to cut a little deeper. I then pried it open a little, and let the sap flow for a bit. Carving a small cranny into the bark and stuck a leaf into it so that the sap would drip off of it into the jar, surprisingly, the sap came flowing out faster than I expected.

Yu: How do you know how to do that...

Kadoc: From what I remember of my past, I spent a lot of time in the wild with nature.

I held my jar underneath the leaf in order to get the sap to drip into it, and waited till the jar was filled to the brim with the sticky red sap.

Kadoc: What you want to do is to carve a crescent, the idea is to basically go through the outer bark, and the inner bark, stop once you get there, it should get flowing. What you want to do afterwards is pry it open just a little bit, and once it starts to drip, carve a place where you can stick a leaf so that the sap will drip off of it into the jar.

I handed one of Yu's swords back to her, and she quietly thanked me. Ophelia pulled out her large greatsword and carefully carved a crescent, not exactly easy to do with a gigantic blade. Pepe pulled out his large chakram and carved it even more carefully. Seriously...what was it with those huge weapons, at least Yu and I had normal-sized weapons.

Jaune, third-person perspective (anybody who watched RWBY will know why)

Cardin: So, Jaune. I bet you're asking yourself "why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?"

Jaune: That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes.

Cardin: Well, come with me and you'll find out.

Cardin led Jaune and the rest of his team to the peak of a small hill, looking down on Kadocs team.

Jaune: Kadoc? Cardin, what're you-

Cardin: That's the guy. Grey-haired, smartass, thinks he's so strong.

Cardin pulled out a small cardboard box with a W written on it in black marker from god knows where, and set it down in front of him.

Cardin: Last night old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box full of Rapier Wasps. And now, we're going to put them to work.

One of Cardin's teammates patted him on the back. Jaune nervously laughed as he stared at the box in front of Cardin.