Ouroboros part 2

Kadoc PoV

I was about to say something when Blake's eyes went wide and she drew her weapon. She jumped out of her seat and ran to cover my backside. I turned around and saw that two black, spectral-looking birds with intricate patterns on them were heading towards us. When the birds got closer, the two of them fired purple beams at us. Blake managed to block the beams but was knocked back. With the first two shots, the cafe was plunged into chaos. People were screaming and running, others cowered under their tables. Blake got up and switched the form of her weapon.

Blake: A new type of Grimm!?

Kadoc: I think so!

I drew my sword and took a stance. One of the birds was headed right towards me, and I lunged towards it. Even though I had attacked with astonishing speed, the bird somehow managed to dodge it and shot a beam at me.

Kadoc: Oh shit-

I used Acceleration Line to boost my speed and managed to flank the bird before the beam could hit me.

Blake: Kadoc! Look out!

I turned around to see the other bird coming for me. I readied my sword once again, but this time, something extremely unusual happened. The bird glowed for a bit and turned into a spear instead. The spear moved even faster than the bird did, and never failed to parry any of my attacks. The spear was about to strike me, but as it was charging right for me, it was knocked off course. I looked around to see that Blake had shot the spear.

Blake: Are you okay?

Kadoc: Thanks to you, yeah.

I produced some threads from my fingers and used the same strategy as I did in the duel against Leon. I set up a net that would trap the bird and the spear but only temporarily. During the short time that they would be bound, we would have to attack them. I set up the net, and the bird as well as the spear got caught by the threads.

Kadoc: Blake! Attack them now!

She nodded and swiftly slashed through the spear, and the bird. When the spear and bird were cut, their form changed to that of two strands of hair.

I panted and was about to sheath my sword, but this time, an entire flock of them came.

Kadoc: Caster!

Caster: Yes master.

Caster materialized in front of me, holding a leather-bound book. He flipped open the book and read from it.

Caster: Moonlight Breaker!

In his other hand, a large purple and black sword appeared. The sword looked like it was made of dark fire, and produced a bright purple light. Caster swung the blade in front of him, and the birds all burned. Once the people confirmed that they were no longer under attack, those who had hidden came out of their hiding spots and cheered.

Man: Thank you for protecting us!

Blake and I smiled at everyone and sheathed our weapons. Caster, on the other hand, bowed and returned to his spirit form. But even though I was smiling, something still felt unsettling. Spectral birds that could fire beams as well as transform into a spear. And the Rook that was observing us in the dorm. Something strange was going on, and I didn't like it.

3rd person

The boy watched through the scope as the people cheered. The Zemlupus boy had demonstrated an unimpressive set of skills and an understanding of how to use his weapon while the Belladonna girl was highly proficient in the use of her Ballistic Chain Scythe. He took another sip of his coffee and aimed. He was about to pull the trigger but reconsidered. He had already gained enough information to go on for now. He took a deep breath and disassembled The Angra Mainyu. After putting everything back into the case, he opened his umbrella and jumped off of the building.