Still Alive (reworked)

Kadoc PV

I felt cold, of course, it's Russia for god's sake, they don't call it the Permafrost Empire for nothing. But this felt different somehow, I woke up and found myself in a forest, I tried to remember what happened, but only remembered 3 things. My name, the Permafrost Empire, and a girl named Anastasia. Even stranger than that was the sword in my hand, a long, extremely thin rapier with an ornate curling silver hilt and handguard, there was also a blue glow at the hilt. The only things of comfort I had were the clothes on my back, and a bag filled with more of my clothing. I tried to remember even more and came back with only one word. Magus, a human practitioner of magecraft. I looked at my arms and circuits appeared.

Kadoc: Ah fuck!

It happened almost naturally like it was something my body did constantly. I tried to figure out what they were and tried to search my brain for an answer as to what these "Magic Circuits" were. Magic Circuits: a pseudo-nervous system spread across the human body, this is what qualifies someone to be a Magus. They convert life force into magical energy that powers your magecraft. I tried focussing this so-called "magic energy" into my legs and tried walking. Instead of taking a few small steps, I'd ended up running to another tree.

Kadoc: W-wait what?

I tried doing it again and found myself running at speeds that normally I'd never be able to run. The more I experimented with my energy, the more I remembered about this. Magecraft: The ability to bring that which is possible through science with supernatural means. Unfortunately, still no memories of my past life. I now experimented with something else. I closed my eyes, and focussed magic energy into my fingertips and imagined threads. When I opened my eyes, I saw that threads hung on my fingertips. Gradation Air: A magecraft that materializes objects, through the use of magic energy. Gradation Air is considered a useless form of magecraft because of how weak the items will be, and the fact that they fade. The threads began to fade away and I looked at what was left of it before they completely faded with curiosity. I was going to experiment more, but before I could, I heard the loud roar of a beast and hid behind a tree. A large, dark, werewolf-like creature emerged from deeper into the woods. I produced some threads using Gradation Air and focussed magic energy into my legs, bolstering my speed. I used my speed to quickly set up a web of threads between me and the creature. As soon as I was done, I whistled to grab the beast's attention.

Kadoc: Over here...

the beast snarled and came charging right for me only to be sliced to bits by the threads I had set up, flexible, and razor-sharp.

Kadoc: hmm...Interesting.

Gradation Air weapons and items were supposed to be weaker than weapons and items produced normally, and yet it managed to cut through the beast like butter.

Mysterious Man: Young man, what are you doing in Emerald Forest?

I turned in the direction of the voice and saw a grey-haired man with spectacles.

Kadoc: Killing whatever that thing is.

I said and pointed towards the remains of the beast. The man looked at the remains of the beast curiously and then smiled at me.

Mysterious Man: You're not from this world aren't you?

Kadoc: How could you tell?

He pointed at one of the trees nearby. At a glance, there was nothing strange about it. But if one were to look closer, they'd have found out that there was a small camera hidden in the branches.

Mysterious Man: I saw you do some strange things, young man. Things that even I couldn't comprehend.

Kadoc: Ah...right.