42.

Xavier's P.O.V.

"There she comes, your baby girl!" The Doctor announces as Scarlet and I have our first look at our angel.

The nurse cleaned our baby and handed it to Scarlet. She very carefully held our baby, tears coming from her eyes.

"You're so beautiful. Welcome to the world princess. I love you." Scarlet said and kissed the baby's forehead.

As Scarlet was tired after several hours of labour, I took our baby from her arms.

"Hello darling. Thank you for making your daddy the happiest man alive. I love you sweetie." I kissed her cheek.

Our princess have charcoal brown eyes, same dark brown colour hair like her mother, tiny nose, pink chubby cheeks.
An angel indeed!

:::::::::::::::::::

"Scarlet thank you for bringing our princess in the world. I love you so much." I kissed her hand.

"No need to thank me Xavier. I am equally happy and grateful for our princess." She smiled lovingly at me.

"What should we name her?" I ask.

"How about Evelyn?"

"That's a lovely name. Evelyn Romano."

Scarlet smiles.

::::::::::::::::

Soon our friends and family came to see Evelyn. Maiya was so thrilled to have Evelyn in her arms that she requested Gabriel to make babies with her right away.

Alexander and Ariel were having a boy. So now I think I will keep their child away from my daughter.

My daughter! It feels amazing to say this.

"So guys what do we call her?" Maiya asked.

I looked at Scarlet smiling. We both nodded our heads at each other and said together,

"Evelyn Maiya Romano."

Tears welled up in Maiya's eyes.

"Oh my god! I'm so honoured you guys." She used her palms to cover her cheeks.

"I love you twinie." I hugged her.

"I love you too big bro." She left out a chuckle.

"Finally!" I caressed her head and laughed.:

"Thanks Scarlet. I love you." Maiya hugged Scarlet.

"Aww, love ya."

"But now I love my niece more than you guys so mind it." My sister announced.

"I knew it." I shook my head sideways.

"Oh my god!!! Aahhhhhh!" Ariel left out a massive scream.

We all looked at her, tensed.

"What happened baby?" Alexander asked.

"You idiot, my water broke." She screamed in my best friends ear.

Poor Xander!

"Congratulations man!! You are going to be a dad pretty soon."

"Stop fucking congratulating him. Take me to a room!!! Or else I am going to give birth here in front of you." Ariel screamed at me.

Poor me too!

And because of her screaming our baby girl who was peacefully sleeping woke up crying.

"Its okay its okay." Scarlet was cooeing her.

"Oh so sorry Scarlet. Its just that its hurting a lot and these stupid guys aren't doing anything." Ariel was now speaking softly.

"Let's go lets go. Your room is ready." Xander came and announced.

::::::::::::::::::

After 7 hours of labor, Ariel gave birth to a  healthy baby boy. We all congratulated them.

They decided to name him Damian.

::::::::::::::::::::::
Scarlet's P.O.V

Evelyn was finally asleep. Earlier she was very hungry so I breastfed her. But now she is peacefully sleeping. We are now at our home back. Xavier is coming any minute completing his office work.

"I'm here sweetheart." He sat beside me.
I gave him a sweet smile.

"When did she sleep?" He asked in a quiet tone.

"Just now after drinking some milk."

"Alright. You must be tired?"

"Not really."

"Come here." Xavier forwarded hi arm for me to rest. I laid down on his arm. He wrapped his arm around my body. With other hand he was caressing hair. I kept my hand on his chest.

"Can I ask you something?" I tilted my head up to see.

"Scarlet since when do you need my permission to ask me something? You can ask me anything anytime."

"Okay. So I want to ask that when you hired me as your chef, did you have any idea that I will be mother of your child?"

"Umm, to be honest no. Because we both were from very different backgrounds. You were a chef and I was a mafia leader. And also you didn't like me at first."

"Hey!! You didn't like me too." I poked his chest.

"Well, I liked you but I didn't show it because I didn't want to burden your life with my problems. But I clearly was in love with your cooking ability."

"Thank you very much. Well honestly, I didn't think in my wildest dream that I will be a Mafia's Chef! But I did become one. And we both have come a long way."

"It wasn't possible without you supporting me in each time. You were with me everytime I needed you."

"Yes, because I love you so very much Xavier Romano."

"And I love you too Scarlet Romano."

"Wha-" Xavier very tactfully slid a diamond ring on my finger and I didn't come to know.

"Oh my god Xavier!!!"

"Well I already did the deed, but will you marry me Scarlet? I know I am very late to pop this question." He smiled apologetically.

"If you would have asked me same question 50 years later the answer would be the same, infinite times yes Mr. Romano." I wrapped my hands around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"But but but, don't assume that since you are my wife now you get to bail from your cooking duties Ms. Chef. I only love your cooking so I won't eat a thing which isn't made from you. So are you willing to be my chef too?"

"Umm, yes. Being a ex-mafia chef is also beneficial for me as I get to love two of my most favourite people in the world."

Xavier grinned a bit and asked,
"Who are they Mrs. Romano?"

"You and our daughter." I pecked him on lips!

***************
Hellooooo! This is the end guys!! I'm crying here....
Hope you enjoyed reading my book
"Mafia's Chef"

Do vote, comment and follow me if you liked my book.

I would like to thank each one of you for supporting my book so much. Thank you for loving Xavier and Scarlet.You votes, your comments literally makes my day. I love you guys so much. Thank you everyone.

My other book "Loveless Marriage" is still ongoing so meet you there!

Love you,
Anushka💕

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️