37.

Scarlet's P.O.V

Currently I was at Xavier's second mansion. It was as massive as the earlier one. It's been three weeks since I'm staying here. But it literally feels more than three weeks. I'm missing Xavier so much. Each minute I keep praying that he is safe.

With me there is Aspen staying who is a very good friend of Xavier and now mine too. He is really easy to go with. He has the responsibility to keep me safe.

Right now I was reading a book when Aspen suddenly barged in my room.
He looked so horrified.

"Scarlet." He breathed.

"What happened? Why are you panting?"

"We need to go the hospital."

"Hospital? Why? Is Xavier okay? He came back from w-war?"

I was still uncomfortable with this war and all.

"Yes. He is not okay. He has been shot twice in his shoulder and stabbed in his arm."

The moment Aspen explained what has happened to Xavier, I crumbled down to the floor. Crying my eyes out. This can't happen to my Xavier. He has to live. For me, for us. He will! Yes he will. He is a strong man.

"Let's go Aspen!"

::::::::::::::::::

Xavier's P.O.V

I was feeling so tired and worn out. I was shot twice in my shoulder and stabbed in my abdomen. But it was all worth it because I got to kill that motherfucking bastard who killed my parents.

War was pretty intense. Giovani was much more powerful and prepared than I thought. But we weren't any less prepared. We managed to sweep them off. We faced casualties on our side too but it was very less than his side. At last we killed each member of his team and Giovani too. Later we burned his house, office and other locations.

Right now I supposed I was on some hospital bed with number of wires attached to me. My left shoulder wrapped with big white bandage.

Gladly the only person I wanted to see since a month was sitting beside me with her head rested on my hand. My Scarlet!

"Scarlet?" I spoke softly. I didn't have much energy.

Scarlet jerked her head up and looked at me with so many tears in her eyes.

"You woke up?" She breathed and let her tears flow down her cheeks.

"I had to. My Scarlet was waiting for me." I smiled and tried to wipe her tears.

"I missed you so much sweetheart." I said.

"I thought I wasn't going to hear this from you anymore." She said sobbing.

"Stop crying baby."

"I love you Xavier. Never means never leave me alone. Next time any war happens I am coming with you to fight."

"I love you too. But there won't be next time." I said.

"What do you mean?"

***************
Hi amigos. Sorry for the short chapter. But still hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Love
Anushka💞