18.

Scarlet's P.O.V.

"Xavier!!" I said shocked.

Xavier had probably beat the shit out of that guy. The  guy was laying almost unconscious. That guys face was covered with blood, his shirt had blood.

Xavier's right fist was all bloody. He had sweat on his face. He was panting. And he certainly did not expect me here.

"Scarlet you're not supposed to be here!" He said softly.

He approached me, but I was so scared that I stepped back. Xavier definitely noticed it.

"Scarlet I wont hurt you." He whispered.

But I guess I was overhelmed. I ran to my room, locked it and went to bathroom. I puked. That whole scene I wanted to forget. That guy, Xavier's fist, everything. I am not used to this. I dont know what to do.

Till now I was okay with Xavier being mafia leader because I never actually saw what he did. But today when I saw with my own eyes, it shook me to the core.

I came out of the bathroom, and sat on bed. I couldn't feel a thing.

Xavier was continuosly knocking. But I couldn't gather courage to open the door.

"Scarlet, please open the door. Let me talk to you. Please don't be scared." He said.

"Xavier can we talk later?"

"I can't live with knowing you are scared of something or rather me. Please open the door baby."

I decided to talk it off. This way maybe both of us would be good.

I opened the door. Xavier was standing just outside with helpless expression. I looked at him with a blank face.

"Scarlet I ......" I cut him.

"Xavier I understand that you are a mafia leader. Your work is to do all of that. But I-I am not used to it. This was the first time I saw this much blood. And that too you were probably the one beating him."

"Scarlet I dont know what do I say to you. Because the fact is that this is the
work I do. But listen to me very carefully. I will never hurt you. I repeat never. Don't be scared of me. It breaks my heart Scarlet."

"I trust you. But this is all very unusual for me."I said still unsure.

"I know Scarlet. But we will figure it out, okay?"

I wrapped my hands around his waist. He hugged me back. He placed a soft kiss on my head. I snuggled deep in his chest.

"I am hungry Scarlet." He whispered.

It was almost 8:00 am now. Breakfast time. Yay!

"Ofcourse." I chuckled.

"What should I make for you?" I asked.

"I never said that you will make breakfast for me!"

"So are you gonna make breakfast?" I asked curiously.

"I will. But it will take some more days or maybe months." He chuckled.

"Then what?"

"We are going on breakfast date. Get ready." He smiled.

"Alrighty. Give me 30 minutes." I said excited.

____________

Xavier's P.O.V.

Thank god Scarlet is not mad at me. I got really scared when she came in basement. It is the place where my men and sometimes I torture people who goes against me. I never wanted to show it to her. Because I know that she is not used to all of this. She will get terrified. And that only happened.

But the worst part was that she got scared of me. I would never want her to be scared of me. I want her to know that whatever happens I would never hurt her.

And I told her that. She gradually understood. But I have to make sure that she never comes to the basement again.

Scarlet is really special. She is different. She doesn't deserve any bad things.

***********
Hey lovelies. Hope you are enjoying Xavier and Scarlet's story.

Vote and comment if you like it.

Also check my other story "Arranged to Love " and "Loveless Marriage."

XOXO

-Anushka