25.

Scarlet's P.O.V.

I slumped on my bed and started crying. It was difficult for me too to talk so harshly with Xavier. In these past couple months we grew very close. But after yesterday it was not possible for me to be with him right now.

I closed my eyes trying to forget everything that happened yesterday and today. I heard my door unlocking. I know Xavier came in. But I didn't bother to open my eyes. I just didn't want to talk to him.

My bed dipped on my left side. Xavier sat. He caresses my cheek.

"Scarlet sweetheart, I'm sorry I brought tears in your eyes. I really didn't mean to do that. I know I would sound crazy as you're sleeping then too I'm talking with you. But I had to let it out. I swear to you I didn't cheat on you. I like you way too much Scarlet to hurt you. But I am giving you space. When you wake up tomorrow morning I won't be there. Of course I will leave a note. Take care. I don't know when I will be back!"

He kissed my forehead and left.

I got up and cried after listening to what all he said. Did I do the wrong thing by breaking up with him?

————————
Next morning when I woke up as he said he was gone leaving me with a note. The note said:

Dear Scarlet,
I'm leaving for Italy. I don't know when I will be back. Take your time to think about us. I won't contact you in these days. But remember any problem I'm just a call away. Take care.
Xavier.

My eyes filled with tears. I'm surely gonna miss him.

———————
It's been almost a month since Xavier left for Italy. Only I know how I have been managing since. Every day is hell. I realised that Xavier could never hurt me. And I did mistake not trusting him. But now I don't have courage to even talk to him. God why did I mess this up?

Right now I was walking home from grocery store. But all of sudden a truck honked from behind and when I tried to move away, it hit me. After that I don't know anything.....

———————
Ohh My head hurts! Where am I? I take a look at my surroundings. There's a room with white and blue walls. Curtains are blue in colour. There's a glass door with lines on it. What happened to me? Oh oh yeah.... I got hit by a truck. Now I was fully awake and conscious.

Just then I see Xavier resting his head on my left hand. Oh my god when did he come?

"Xavier!" I said softly.

He woke up at once. His eyes were bloodshot. As if he didn't sleep for many hours. Tears brimmed in my eyes. I just wanted to hug him, kiss him, cuddle with him.

"Scarlet! Thank god you're wake. Let me call the doctor. Wait up." He frantically ran out of the room screaming doctor's name.

Soon a guy with white coat ( a doctor) and Xavier was in the room. Doctor started checking me and all that beep machines.

"How are you feeling Ms. Rivera?"

"I'm good." I smiled.

"Take rest. I will be here after some time to check you again."

"Thanks doctor."

After that the doctor left leaving Xavier and I all alone with ofcorse an awkward silence.

But then I decided to speak up. I had to.

"Xavier I'm so sorry. I didn't trust you. I realised that you would never hurt me."
By now I was in my all crying mode.

"Sweetheart you are not supposed to say sorry. I gave you the chance to doubt on me. But for now you need to take rest. We can talk about this later."

I nodded. "Since when I'm here?"

"One week, Scarlet." He said.

"One week? How did you know?"

"Amelia your friend called me. She has gone home to take some rest."

"Oh okay." I closed my eyes. I guess it was the effect of the medication.

************
Hey beauties! Hope you're enjoying Xavier and Scarlet's story.

Pls vote and comment if you like it.
Tell me what do you think when you read my books!

Also check out my other story "Arranged to Love ❤️" and "Loveless Marriage"

XOXO ❤️
-Anushka