38.

Xavier's P.O.V

"I love you too. But there won't be next time." I said.

"What do you mean?" She whispered.

"I am quitting mafia." I said looking into her eyes.

"But why?"

"Scarlet, one thing I came to know from this war is being in Mafia I am not only risking my life but yours too. Thank Jesus nothing happened to you. But I don't want to die of this. Not that any other gang can kill me but I want to spend good time with you. I don't want you to think unsafe or insecure because of what I do. I want to spend every day with you without any tension of anybody shooting at us. I want to just be with you."

Scarlet's P.O.V

Xavier left me teary eyed with what all he said. I didn't know what to say. He thought so much about me. I don't know what I did to get such a caring man.

"Xavier, being a Mafia leader is your life. And I don't want you to quit mafia just for me. I mean it feels very good to think that someone is willing to not do the thing which he loves. But Xavier what will you do if you quit Mafia?"

"Scarlet you do know right I have hoteling business. And I don't want to risk anyone's life anymore. I love you. Please understand." He held my both the hands.

"I love you too. And I will be there with you in your every decision. But for now, take rest. You need to get better soon."
I pecked his lips.

:::::::::::::::

It's been more than a month since Xavier has officially left the mafia. He handed over everything of Mafia to Aspen, his right hand. Now Xavier goes to his office everyday, his hoteling business if you remember.

Today I took an off from my restaurant as I wasn't feeling too well. Shyla had made me my favourite arabiatta pasta but I don't know why I couldn't even take a bite.

Just then the doorbell rang and I went to answer it. The moment I opened the door, I was taken into a bone crushing hug.

"Scarlet!!!"

"Oh my godd!! Maiya!!!"

"How are you?" Maiya asked as she let go of me.

"I am good. And you caught me off guard again." I chuckled.

"Oh yes, I have actually have a habit of surprising people." She waved her hand.

"Come on in now."

"Wait wait, Scarlet." She held my arm.

"What happened?"

"Actually there is another surprise for both of you and Xav. But since Xavier will come from office in the evening he will know by then. But to you I have to show now."

"What is it? You're scaring me now." I narrowed my eyes.

"Gabriel come on in!!" Maiya sqealed in happiness.

There stood a young, very handsome guy with subtle beard dark brown eyes wearing a black pant, shirt and blazer.

"Scarlet, he is my boyfriend Gabriel Martin."

"Hello Scarlet, nice to meet you." He said with a smile, forwarding his hand.

"Pleasure to meet you too." I did a handshake.

"Please come in now both of you."

All three of us sat in the living room. Soon Shyla came with some coffee and cookies.

"So tell me about you Mr. Romeo!" I chuckled at Gabriel.

"Well, I'm the owner of the company which Maiya is the head architect. And as it is obvious we met through work but I found her interesting when we met at our office party. To be honest, Maiya didn't let me in very easily. But I played my best cards and here we are, we both madly in love with each other." He smiled completing his sentence.

"Oh my god, you guys!! I am so happy for you." I hugged them both.

"I hope Xavier will be as happy as you Scarlet." Maiya said worriedly.

"Oh come on! Of course he will be happy. He is your brother."

"Exactly he is my very overprotective brother. And you know how things ended in my last relationship. After that he will be even more overprotective."

"Yes that is true but........" I couldn't complete the sentence as I just felt like puking my gut out. So I obviously ran to bathroom.

::::::::::::::::::::
Helloo people! Hope you're doing well. And I also hope that you would like this chapter.

To let me know kindly hit the star button and comment your favourite part.

See you at the next chapter!

Love,
Anushka💕