20.

Xavier's P.O.V.

Past few days went really well. Scarlet and I were becoming very close. To be honest I have never been so much at peace. Before Scarlet everyday used to be incomplete. There was something which I couldn't tell but was missing.

But with Scarlet, I thought that having someone who cares about you, waits for you to be home, that feeling I was missing on.

No doubt my sister was always there. But she lives in different country. We dont talk daily. So it differs.

Right now I completed reading some mails. And I was about to sleep. It was pretty late. But then there was some noise from Scarlet's room. I dashed to her room.

I opened the door to this. Scarlet was murmuring in her sleep. Her face was covered with sweat. I quickly went over her bed.

"Scarlet!" I shaked her body.

"Scarlet!! Sweethear!" I said loudly.

Then she woke up. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"Xavier!" She hugged me and started crying.

"Hey, hey, hey. What happened?" I caressed her cheek.

"Xav that....." She wasnt able to speak even. She was so scared.

"Its okay sweetheart. I am here now. Nothings gonna happen. Okay?" I pecked her forehead.

She hugged me tightly and cried for sometime. I soothed her hair, caressed her back.

After some time I asked her to sleep.

"Can you stay please?" She asked softly.

"Ofcourse sweetheart. "

We both laid down on bed. I wrapped my hands around her body. Scarlet kept her head on my shoulder. This was a bliss moment.

But I wonder what that nightmare was all about? Why do I not know about this? I did an investigation on her.

__________

Scarlet's P.O.V.

I woke up because of chirping sound of sparrows. And I find myself wrapped in the arms of Xavier. Oh my god! What happened last night? Well no funny business for sure because I am completely dressed.

Then I realize I had a mightmare about him. And then Xavier came to my room to soothe me. I asked him to sleep with me. God!

While I was thinking all this Xavier was awake. And gazing at me. Now this is awkward.

"Morning Xavier!" I smiled.

"Morning sweetheart." He pecked my forehead. I blushed hearing the endearment he used.

"Thanks for sleeping with me."

"I couldnt leave you here trembling. I hope you slept well."

"Yes. Thanks to you." I kissed him on the cheek.

"If you dont mind me asking, what was the nightmare about?"

He asked but I wasnt ready yet.

"I am not ready yet. I am sorry."

"Hey its alright. Take your time."

"Thank you once again." I smiled.

_________

Xavier's P.O.V.

I came home early than usual. Scarlet was not home yet. So I decided to you know just have a nice bath, freshn up. It was a long day.

By the time I came down all freshen up, Scarlet was working in kitchen.

"Hey when did you come?" I asked.

"Oh, when you were having a nice long shower."

"Oh okay. How was your day?"

"It was pretty boring. Customers coming in were less. So not much to work." She sighed.

"Oh!"

"And what about you? I'm sure you must have shipped thousand kilos of coccaine or marijuana or any other drugs." She taunted.

I went near to her, and pressed her to the kitchen wall. I held her both the hands with mine so she couldn't do a thing.

"Scarlet I know that you don't like what I do but you cant keep insulting me everytime. Do you get that?" I asked her sternly. I was little hurt by her words.

"Xavier, I didn't mean to insult you. But I am sorry if that is what you thought I was doing. And you are hurting me right now." She motioned towards my hands holding hers tightly.

"Sorry." I quickly removed my hands.

"I have made noodles and spring rolls. You can have it. I dont wish to eat. Night!" She left saying that.

What just happened! I know she is mad at me now. But what can I do? Why does she have to make fun of me being a mafia leader! Yes I know the way I told her was wrong, but I just lost it.

What should I do now?

************
Hey folks. Hope you like this chapter.

Pls vote and comment if you like it. I would love to hear from you guys!

Also check my another story "Arranged to Love " and "Loveless Marriage"

XOXO

-Anushka