part 16- accident or not?

y/n's POV: i felt my eyes start to open. everything was super blurry, and i had no clue where i was.
i saw 3 people standing around me. where was i?
i was internally freaking out and i was trying to scream but nothing came out.
"she's waking up" i heard.
i was able to make the feminine voice out even though it was muffled. i laid there looking around my eyes occasionally fluttering shut then opening back up. i had something over my face. i still had no idea where i was.

Annas POV: the bitchy nurse came walking into the hallway.
"you can go inside shes awake" she said.
"okay thank you" i said as i ran to the room
no response.
i entered the room and saw y/n laying in the hospital bed. she was hooked onto a machine and had two casts over her legs.
"baby?" i said. she looked directly at me but no response.
"her senses aren't properly working right now, she can hear but can't make any sounds" the doctor said.
"bubba if you can hear me right now i'm so sorry. that's all i can really say, anna and sab are on their way. i love you and we will get through this" i said out loud to her.
i held her hand and sab and eva entered the room.

y/n's POV: my eyes fluttered open and i saw this blonde girl infront of me, who was she. i was so beyond lost right now. she started talking and called me baby? she mentioned two other names i don't rerember. my vision started to clear up more. then i saw the three girls.

"she's starting to adjust, her senses will come back soon. she's just been out for a while" i heard someone say.

what's going on? i thought to myself.
then it all started to come back. the crash. anna. sab. eva. the house. rolling loud. everything flooded my brain.
i was so happy to see anna, standing right above me as my vision slowly went in and out.
"bub" i basically screamed but it just came out as a whisper.
she looked down at me.
"baby can you hear me?"
"yes i hear you bubba" i forced out.
"i'm tired bubba" i said.
"go to sleep" she said. "i love you"
"i love you too" i said and i felt her give my hand a squeeze.
then everything faded away.
***next morning***
i woke up and my whole body was hurting. but i could see clearly, my voice worked. and i pretty much remembered everything.
Anna wasn't in the room. i looked around and finally i saw the back of her blonde head in the square glass box on the door of the room. facing away.

Annas POV: i came back to the hospital to see y/n. on my way to the room the doctor stopped me outside.
"ms shumate correct?" she said.
"yes"
"okay so since you are the closest person to y/n that has visited, and you told me both parents are out of state, and she currently resides with you. i'll give you the summary"
"okay" i said.
"so she suffered two broken legs from the accident. the right leg is worse, it needs surgery which will be performed tonight as soon as possible. as far as we know there are no signs of permanent paralysis anywhere. it's actually crazy considering the degree of the accident"
"okay that's fine, when will i be able to take her home".
"it's at least going to be a few days depending on how she starts to recover. we have to be able to get her to walk on crutches first"
"okay, can i go see her"
"of course" the nurse said.

y/n's POV: after a few minutes i heard the door click and i saw anna walk in.
"hey bub" anna said.
"hey"
"how are you feeling today"
"everything's sore"
"well i'm sure you know you need surgery but just on the right leg, so after that hopefully slowly we can get you on crutches because that's what's required for you to leave"
"can you do that for me bubba" she said after a pause with a tear forming in her eye.
"i'll try"
** a week later**
Annas POV: ive been at the hospital everyday. the surgery went really well. i still feel horrible,
i haven't even eaten. i feel sick seeing y/n like this. to think i'm putting her through this destroyed me.
"it's not your fault it's whoever was driving that truck" she said.
her words kept repeating in my brain.
i wish the worst on them. i kept trying to remember her words and convince myself it wasn't my fault.

y/n's POV: "okay day 4" the nurse said carrying the crutches over to me.
"you seem to be able to hold yourself up and walk, but you need to walk around a little for me to see the progress"
"i'm right here bub" anna said.
i grabbed the crutches and put them under my arms. they helped me off the bed. i felt so heavy with all these casts. i needed a shower. i felt ugly and i didn't want anna to see me like this, even though it shouldn't be my big worry right now.
i started to walk, and dragging the crutches along. after about 30 long minutes i got to the end of the hall. every time i looked up at anna i felt myself pulling myself along. she was my motivation.
**two days later**
i kept pulling myself up, dragging the crutches along and trying my best and anna was there every step of the way.
after the longest week of my life the nurse finally said "okay you seem to be doing a lot better with walking. although you'll need the crutches for a while and a helper, which i'm sure is right here" she said looking at anna.
we laughed.
"so you can go home in the morning"
she looked at anna
"just make sure you bring a few girls to get her home". "okay of course" anna said.
the nurse left and anna gave me a hug trying not to hurt me. it was already late so she looked up at me and said "i want to stay but i need to make sure Sab and eva are ready in the morning". i'll see you soon bub.
"also i already called your mom, she already knows everything and she will be in LA soon".
she walked out and i was happy that at least my mom knew. it would break my heart to tell her. i sat and thought about my Bmw, and the truck, and annas car for a while. i kept replaying the scene for a while until i fell asleep.
**the next morning**
Annas POV: i woke up to my alarm at 8am.
"SAB EVA LETS GO" i said running down the stairs after throwing clothes on.
they were on the couch in comfys.
"are you guys kidding me we need to go"
"yeah no problem one sec" sab said.
eva and sab went upstairs and i got in sabs car and waited.
mine was completely totaled, they were still looking for the truck driver. as far as i heard the truck was found on the side of the road but not the driver.
eva and sab came outside and we started driving to the hospital, to my girl.
my girl that was coming home.
today.
y/n's POV: i woke up and it was 8:30.
anna wasn't here yet so i just laid and waited.
finally anna walked in with sab and eva, followed by the doctor who handed me the crutches as she helped me get out of the bed.
"good morning bub" anna said giving me a hug.
"i want to kiss you but i don't want to hurt you"
i shook my head. my whole body still hurt, my face, my arms, my everything.
we finally made it outside and i got in the back of sabs car with anna.
i looked at her lips and i just couldn't handle it anymore. "give me a hug bubs" i said. anna leaned towards me to give me a hug and i grabbed her neck and pulled her lips to mine.
"get a room" eva said while i looked up at sab laughing from the drivers seat.
"we aren't even out of the parking lot" eva said.
"I HAVENT EVEN TURNED THE CAR ON" sab yelled out laughing.
i started laughing.
Annas POV: sab and eva were laughing at us but it brought me joy to see a little smile pop up on y/n's face. "i'm sorry i needed that" y/n whispered in my ear. "it's okay so did i, i just didn't want to hurt you" i said.
we finally god home after a long drive and i brought y/n in the living room where all the girls said hi. we all gave her flowers, all the edible arrangements were stuffed the fridge. i went and got her a chocolate strawberry and held it out for her to bite.
"can you put a pillow under my legs bub" she asked. chewing her strawberry.
"of course" i said getting a pillow , trying to lift her legs slowly while i watched her face flinch which broke me.
"and turn on the tv bubba please it's depressing in here" she said laughing trying to hide the pain on her face.
i turned the tv on and it was on the news. i went to the fridge to get another strawberry for y/n and a red bull for myself. i heard the news play:
**Tv audio**
"Man who drove truck causing an accident into
local tiktok stars car has been captured"
i walked to try to see the tv but as i was turning around i heard y/n
"OH. MY. GOD" she screamed
i looked up at the tv. then i saw it, the picture of the man, the man who hit into us that night.
i dropped my red bull on the floor.

A/N: i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! please leave a comment it makes me want to update :) also if you left a vote on my story it would mean a lot🤍