part 17- betrayal

A/n: i probably switched between about 50 ways this chapter could go but i hope you enjoy :)

Anna's POV: i stared at the tv in disbelief.
it was the man from the hotel. the man that i watched get arrested.
i had so many questions. i just didn't understand.
this couldn't be a coincidence.

y/n's POV: i felt so sick. seeing his face again when all i wanted to do was forget. i yelled for anna to get me the trash can and i couldn't help but throw up, anna grabbed my hair and held it back for me. i laid on the couch and sat in disbelief for who knows how long until the phone rang.
*incoming 📞: mom*
i answered the phone:
M- i'm flying out to LA today. how are you feeling?
Y- mom the news. the man from the hotel, he was the one who hit us.
M- holy shit. holy shit. this cant be happening right now.
Y- i know mom i don't understand how he got out of prison.
M- do you know how long ago he got out of prison?
Y- i have no idea but it had to be at least a week ago if he managed to get all the way to LA.
M- as much as i hate to say this y/n i think this man is connected to your dad.
Y- what makes you say that?
M- well when i got a call from the bank this morning and i was told that money was being drawn from your father and i's account, like large amounts for these past few weeks. i tried calling him but he hasn't answered. so then i just froze the account.
i didn't really realize but it all makes sense now.
Y- so dad put aside money into a private account and didn't tell you anything?
M- yeah i don't know y/n somethings up, i definitely think he has something to do with this as hard as it may be to hear.
Y- okay mom i'm going to check this out. let me know when your at the airport.
**call ended**
i looked over at anna who was in shock. she had heard the whole conversation.
Anna's POV: "we need to go to the cops" y/n said.
"listen i definitely agree your dad may have some involvement in this but we can't just go assume to the police". "well then we need to find my dad"
"baby we can't do that your hurt" i said.
"fine i'll call" she said.
she dialed, it went to voicemail.
she threw the phone at the wall in anger and broke down, i went to go hold her and comfort her because all i could do is be here for her now.
i turned the news back on and saw the truck story back on:
TV AUDIO**
"this man has a record in florida, and it appears he was in jail recently. he claims to have gotten bailed out"
"we do not have the entire story as of this moment"

y/n looked up at me "i cant believe this" she said.
"i know my dad doesn't approve of us, or me in LA but if he really did something to hurt me he has very serious problems".
"i'm so sorry y/n"
"don't be sorry. this isn't your fault. i wanted this, i haven't been happier than i've been with you in these past few months".
"i just don't understand"
we decided to wait until the police found out more information because we didn't want to just assume. how would y/n's dad know that man anyway?
we were waiting and waiting for the news until y/n's phone started to ring.
we both looked over, and it was her dad..

y/n's POV: i was waiting just for something, some piece of information so i could have some kind of explanation. then i heard my phone ring, and it was him. my dad.
i answered.
**phone call**
D- "how are your legs y/n"
i heard some kind of talking in the background but i didn't know who it was.
Y- "let's skip the part where we pretend you didn't set this up"
D- "you know i was aiming for a full paralysis, my daughter will not be seen with a girl. you are a disgrace to the family"
Y- "how do you know him"
D- "well if you really NEED to know i hired him"
D- "well actually first i went to the prison, i offered to bail him out if in return he took care of someone"
he started laughing, "be ready for whats next"
i felt so sick. i had to hang up.

my dad really set this up, with the man who almost killed me.
anna recorded the whole call. that would be enough for the police. i wanted to call my mom but she was already on a plane to LA.
"we should bring this to the police now" i said.
"bubba we can't go anywhere, we can't risk this your dad is still out there. what if he does something to us. he has the money to get himself out"
i wasn't thinking about it realistically. i just needed this man away.
"bubba he knows where we live" i said.
"i'm bringing danger to you and i wouldn't be able to live with myself if he did something to you in spite of me"i said.
"how about we wait for your mom, once she gets here we can ask her what's best.
**skip to when y/n's mom arrives**

Anna's POV: y/n got a text from her mom that she was here. we went and opened the door to her mom standing with her suitcase
"hey y/n" she said as she gave her a light hug to make sure she didn't hurt her.
"hey anna" she said to me giving me a hug as well.
her mom was a very sweet lady and we got along, from the times i met her in Miami, and whenever
y/n called usually we spoke.
we started to explain the phone conversation with
y/n and her dad.
"i think that if your father said he has something coming, he has something coming and we should immediately tell the police"
"okay" y/n and i said in sync as we both agreed to not take a chance if her dad was already capable of this much.
i took my rental car and drove us to the police station, i didn't really have the time to get a new car yet. i kind of wanted to save it for when y/n got better so we could get our cars together and put everything behind us.
we got to the police station and we went inside.
we explained to know information from the truck accident and that we were the victims. we showed the call footage to the agent and he agreed to set out an open investigation to find my dad.
he was still out there.
We got back to the house and y/n's mom wanted to stay until she knew it was safe.
Sab and eva came downstairs and y/n made us dinner. we ate together, although i really didn't have an appetite.
the whole time during dinner i looked over at y/n who kept giving me a grin. i miss her so much. when things were normal. when i didn't have to see her like this.

y/n's POV: after dinner i went upstairs, i showed my mom to my room and told her she could stay in here and i'd just stay in annas.
i could've given her the guest room, it was just more of an excuse to be with anna.
i was getting used to walking again, still with crutches obviously but it was starting to become easier.
i sat upstairs and shut the news off because i already heard the helicopters outside and looking at my legs gave me an enough of a reminder.
a little while later of watching netflix anna came upstairs and shut the door. "lock it" i said.
she did so and came over to me and i sat her on my lap so she was facing me.
"we can do this right now y/n your dad-"
i cut her off "distract me" i said.
i know she didn't want to hurt me, but i needed her more.
i starting sucking on her neck and kissing her all over leaving big hickeys.
"y/n your mom"
i put a finger to her lips to shut her up.
i kept kissing down her body until all of a sudden i heard the house alarm
"is that the fire alarm or the house alarm"
"i'm not sure i've never heard either" anna said
and that's when i started to smell it, the smoke.
——————————————————————————
A/N: wow that actually was so hard to get that chapter together LOL! i hope you guys enjoyed!!
please leave a vote or comment your feedback on my story<3