part 23- paranoid

y/n's POV: i looked up at anna in complete shock
"what, no, she wouldn't"
"y/n i think-"
"NO ANNA SHE DIDN'T START THE FIRE"
i started to raise my voice at her.
i saw a tear start to shed down annas face, and instantly i felt like shit. but i was so preoccupied in the moment i didn't even pay any attention to it and i stormed out of her room.

Anna's POV: i'm still shaking. it's been hours, and even after hours the sound of y/n's voice ran through my head. i wanted to go talk to her, she needed someone and i wanted to be there.
after calming down a little more i finally got up and walked over to her door, which was unlocked and i pushed it open.
y/n was laying on her stomach with her face stuffed into her pillow, she didn't even hear me.
i went over to the edge of her bed and sat.
"i am so sorry y/n" i said.
she pulled the pillow out from under her and looked up at me, her face all puffy and red.

y/n's POV: i went into my room, and i just couldn't stop crying. my first thought was alcohol but i didn't even have any. and even if i did, i couldn't do that to anna again. i didn't want to lose her.
i felt so horrible for lashing out on her,
she was all i wanted right now.
i couldn't hear the door open over my own tears streaming into my pillow.
i heard "i am so sorry y/n" and i looked up at anna sitting on the edge of my bed.
i didn't even hear her come in.
"i can leave if you want, i just wanted to say sorry" she said after i didn't answer.
"no i'm sorry, i shouldn't have l-lash-ed out on y-you" i said in between sobs.
"it's not your fault y/n , i know you didn't mean it, i understand"
i started breaking down and anna got up and came closer to me and wrapped her arms around me.
i continued to cry into her shoulder until she broke the silence.
"not to bring it up, but i really don't think your mom did this on purpose, i didn't really know her too well but she seemed like she was on your side. i just want you to know that" anna said.
"i hope so, i don't need to lose her too. the only family i have left pretty much hates me"
"i promise you y/n" she said

Anna's POV: y/n and i were laying together for a while now, and she started to calm down more. she finally stopped crying and i think i convinced her that everything was a misunderstanding.
"this may be early, but maybe try to call her" i said.
"i'll try, can you stay here?" she asked.
"of course" i said and she called her.
**ring **ring
she picked up after two rings.

Y/n's POV:
Phone call 📞- mom
Y- "mom?"
M- "hey honey, i know why you are calling, i can explain"
Y- "did you- did you do it"
M- "yes, but i was forced. by your father, you see i was never actually planning in staying in LA for too long, i just wanted to check on you and then i was supposed to go back to miami for work. but then i got a call and there was this mysterious man claiming he worked for your dad. he threatened you, and anna and said if i didn't burn it down someone i loved would pay"
Y- "i understand mom, i didn't want to blame you, do you know anything about this man?"
M- "no not really, but before he hung up, he told me he has "easy access" to you guys. i don't know what that means - but please be careful"
Y- "okay, are you in miami"
M- "yes , the man told me i had to fly back or there would be consequences. i want you to come back too, with anna. but i don't know if that's possible since the whole media is focused on you guys right now, they'll know if you leave and so will your dad"
Y- "we just moved into our new house- i'll stay here for now. i'll call you soon"
i hung up, i looked up at anna who heard the whole conversation since i put it on speaker

Anna's POV: "what's easy access supposed to mean?"
i asked y/n. "i have no idea? i'm assuming it means they are capable of getting to us" she said.
"well we are in a private community now, so i hope that isn't true."
"me too" she said.
we laid down after a while, together in y/n's bed and i fell asleep after a little while of watching tv to calm myself down.

Y/n's POV: i was watching movies with anna until i fell asleep.
i heard a noise, i shot up from my bed and anna wasn't next to me. i walked into the hallway, toward the stairs and felt around the unfamiliar wall to find a light switch. as soon as it flickered on i saw my dad, and this man, i've never seen him before. he was a medium skin tone, bald, and very dressed up.
it was so strange though because they just continued looking and talking and didn't bother looking up at me. i saw the unfamiliar man dart his head up at me and start running towards me saying "i can easily get to you"
i closed my eyes scared of what was going to happen next until i felt a shake..
"Y/N"
it was anna.
"A-anna?" i said out of breath
"y/n you screamed in your sleep is everything okay?" she asked.
"no anna - we need to talk"