Sweet Girl

Chase's Pov

I was so glad Wednesday had arrived. I've planned so many activities for Emma and I. I have to admit I am a little nervous and Noah clearly doesn't believe I can handle it.  I grabbed the care bag and head out the door. I park in Mark's drive way and took a second to myself. " You've got this" I say to myself before taking a deep breath and exiting the car.

I'm greeted by Mark before I could even ring the door bell. " Good morning Chase. Noah had to leave for an early meeting but I can show you around." I take a step inside the cozy house and take off my shoes. "Is Emma awake?" I ask sliding my jacket off and hanging on a near by hook. " Not yet, I figured it be easier to explain everything with out a monkey hanging off my hip. She's quite clingy in the morning with Noah and I."

He gave me a quick tour of the house and where all of Emma's things were kept. "Her routine is on the fridge as well as some emergency contacts. You are going to do great. Don't let what Noah said bother you. That fool is just over protective and a lot smitten with that little girl. " Thanks Mark." I smile. " I've best be off. oh and one more thing. Her throat gets dry from all the snoring she does so, bring her up a sippy cup of water." I watched him drive off before heading to the kitchen to grab Emma some water. I picked a cute cup with unicorns and two handles. "Time to wake her up" I tip toe into the bedroom and place the sippy on the side table before lowering the crib bars gently. "Good morning" I say rubbing her back and watching her eyes flicker open. " CHASE!!" She bolts up and immediately traps me in a hug. " I missed you" She says as I set her down on the floor. " I missed you too. I have a lot of fun things planned for today" "Really?!" " Yeppers so let's get you dressed and ready. She chose some jeans, a pink t-shirt and a white cardigan with a little sheep on it.
"Can you hold my hand while we go downstairs?" I say holding out my hand for her to grab. when we arrive in the kitchen im just strong enough to lift her into the high chair. "What do you want to eat for breakfast?" " Toast and Jam please."  "I think I can do that. Do you want more water or some juice?"  "mmm Juice please" I refill the sippy cup and grab a bib. " No thank you Chase i don't need a bib" Emma says as I bring the bib to her neck.  " Can you please wear it for me? I'm not going to laugh or make fun of you. It will be there just in case some jam drops." I can see her thinking it over. " ok" she says reluctantly. " Thank you" I say tying the bib and kissing her forehead. Sure enough she gets jam down he front. I dont say a word about. I clean her up and place her on the floor. " Are you ready to play?" "Yeah!" Her face lights up.  We start by playing with some farm animals and ended by making tambourines with paper plates.  "Are you ready to help make lunch?" I ask putting away the craft supplies. " I get to help?!" " Yes but you have to wash your hands first.

My little sous chef was decorating her mini pizzas with pepperoni eyes and green pepper hair. I was watching her  make the smile when my cell rang. It was Ethan I recognized the number from the emergency contact list. " Hello?" I answered confused as to why he would be calling. We only say a polite hello when he visits Grandfather. " Hi Chase, this is Ethan I heard you were watching my little Emmy this afternoon. How is it going for? If its too much for you I can come take over."" Its going great she has been quite the well-behaved little girl. thank you for your polite offer however, Emma and I will have to decline." " OK then if she gets out of control or you need me you have my number" "Bye" I hang up the phone. " Are you done with this face Sweet girl?" " Yeah, who was on the phone?" " Just Ethan nothing to worry about"
Emma was calm during lunch she didn't even whine when a put a bib on her. Little yawns started escaping her lips as I tidied the kitchen and made her a bottle. " Lets go upstairs and read a story i suggest leading her upstairs. I sat beside her on the crib and read her Cinderella as she sucked on her bottle. When I finished reading she was asleep. I put a paci between her lips and raised the crib bars. When I got downstairs I texted Noah. Emma's been a little angel all morning and is fast asleep." He texts back" I'm glad thnx for the update...  sorry for doubting you." Maybe I've got  this after all. A sudden snore comes from the baby monitor and I cant help but laugh.

About 10 minutes later there's a knock on the door. I open it to see a serious looking Ethan. " Can I help you?" I ask confused as to why he had come. " I came to check in on you and Emma. I honestly don't trust you and I want to be sure she's safe." " I'm sorry but Emma is taking a nap right now." " I'll be quite. there's no way I'm letting you stop me." I roll my eyes "Whatever but, if you wake her you calm her".  I follow him up to the nursery and watch him inspect a sleeping Emma. When he's satisfied he follows me downstairs. " Are you happy now?" I say. "Not a scratch on her and you got her napping in her crib im impressed. I didn't think a delicate thing like you could handle it. seeing as you can barely lift her. You shouldn't have to lift heavy things pretty boy. You need a strong man to help you take care of little ones and do all the gross tasks. If i were your boyfriend your hands would stay soft but you'd certainly be getting an attitude adjustment. I saw that eye roll."  "ii  uuhh what" I say shocked at his statements. " You're cute when your flustered. why don't you take a seat ill get you a cup of tea before I head out" I take  a seat still confused. what kind of game is he playing at?