It hurt me more

I stare at the wall with tears in my eyes because I know what I said is true. I'm not a long term investment and Noah will see that very soon. He will leave and I'll go back to being independent. I don't try to be broken or cold hearted I just sort of became that way.

Seventeen minutes pass and then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn and meet Noah face to face. " You were placed on time out because you didn't listen to me and continued to use naughty words. I want you to say you're sorry for your behavior." " I'm sorry for not listening to you Noah  and for swearing."  He picks me up and holds me close stroking my hair. " You are forgiven sweetie. I want you to know what you said isn't true I'm not going to leave I'll be right here always." He wipes the tears away as he rocks and bounces me in his arms. After about ten mines he asks" Are you ready to go in?" I give a little nod into his chest; I don't want to let go it feels safe and comforting in his arms. 

Next thing I know I'm being sat on a bench and Noah is changing my shoes . These ones have strawberries on the sides and light up when I step. I look around this room looks like a daycare. There are toys every where , a dress up corner , a craft corner , water table and a reading nook filled with picture books. Everyone is sitting in a circle on the floor except one lady who looks about 30 and is walking over towards Noah and I.  " HI, I'm  Mrs. Arthur the nursery teacher and this little cutie must be Emma. You should go grab a seat on the rug class is about to start.

I sit in Noah's lap as Mrs. Arthur explains the classroom rules and introduces the classroom helpers. We sang songs and then we're sent off to play with our caretakers. We played a couple rounds of  Candy land until it was announced that it was time for the caretakers to go to their classes. I grabbed Noah and sobbed don't go. I don't know why but, something in me wanted him to stay with me , the other couldn't wait to part with him. "I'll come right back I promise" Noah cooed. He held me until Ryan the classroom helper came to assist him. He pried me from Noah and I watch him leave,  waving before  closing the door. " He will be back at the end of the day so, all you need to do is be a big brave girl and have some fun while you wait. Trust me you we'll have so much fun today." I suddenly notice I have to pee but there is no way I'm letting a helper assist me. I stay quit and hope Noah comes back soon.