Batting eyelashes

I stopped in my tracks, turned, popped my eyes and tackle hugged him " Noah! I found you!!".  Over the years I have mastered the art of pretending to be happy to see someone. " I
 love being with you sweet heart but you know the rules you need to be in your classroom  so I can go to mine. now why are you out here with Joey?"   " I flutter my eyelashes " Well, I got super scared cuz Carly started a fight and I wanted a hug from you. It was like a jungle adventure trying to find you." I said in a sickeningly cute voice dropping my eyes to the ground. 

Noah shifted me onto his hip " look at me Emma. I understand that you wanted to see me but you ask a helper to come grab me like this morning when you needed me. The rules are in place to keep you safe and you're too little to go wandering on your own. You could have fallen and gotten hurt. I am going to let you off easy because you were scared so, you are going write" I will not leave class without a grown up" fifty times while you sit on my lap for the remaining twenty minutes of school. Next time you leave on your own i will be giving you spankies" Chris pipes up from beside Noah" that goes for you too Joey. I know you wanted to help your friend but, you know better than to leave"

AFTER SCHOOL IN THE APARTMENT

Noah takes my jacket and shoes off as soon as we get in. I start running towards the bedroom but Noah swoops me up and starts tickling me. I giggle uncontrollably as he dips me upside down "where do you think you're going my little monkey?" " I'm giggle going to giggle giggle see Clifford giggle for a hug".  Well, I guess i can share my Emma hugs. He walks with me hanging off of him and drops me on the bed. I give Clifford the biggest hug ever " I missed you all day"!  I was sitting with Clifford over my lap getting ready to tell him my day like usual when Noah crouches down in front of me. I need you to put your listening ears on. Can you do that for me? I nod and looked Noah in the eyes. "A couple of my friends from the Safety Patrol are coming to look over our routine and to make sure I'm not having a hard time taking care of you as it is the first day. If they find i need some help they might send someone take on the role of a second caretaker. They are super nice and their job is to ensure that everyone is being looked after at Doll Academy. So, I need you to be on your best behavior for me. Can you be my good girl?"   Yes Noah I said before being hugged.

I really didn't need another Noah on my back even though it was nice to have his love and attention. So, I was going to behave to the best of ability,  even if every shit disturbing bone in my body hurt  I will the the sweetest little girl they have ever seen.  Noah set up a play pen with various blocks, dolls and colouring books. We have a little time before they come over what do you want play? Ummmm..... Hungry Hippos!!  He sets up the game with all the marbles. He's the orange hippo and I'm yellow.We start hammering down the levers making the hippos eat and laughing. I win about three times before a knock comes at the door.  He opens the door to two males and one female all wearing matching uniforms with an SP arm band.  " you really shouldn't leave a little one unattended with such a game Noah" the lady said. My apologies Jenny I wasn't thinking. Noah said as he swoops me onto his hip. " Hello little cutie wootie you must be Miss Emma" Jenny coos " This is Mark and Ethan. Ethan is going watch you while we go have a boring grown up conversation with Noah."  Ethan looked very scary, strict and like a guy who's buttons you didn't want to press. I hid my face in Noah's neck wishing I could disappear.