First Days Suck

Noah ignores my outburst and I continue to eat my pancakes. It's really awkward as he watches me finish and exclaims " Good job, Emma!".  He grabs a face cloth and wipes the syrup away ensuring every finger is clean. "Alright little one it's time to get ready for school!".  Noah seems way too excited as he picks out a pink t-shirt,overalls and a Dora the Explorer pull up from the closet.  I have always hated overalls and I wasn't too thrilled to have him dress me so, you can imagine the scowl on my face. 

He sets the clothes on the bed and kneels down next to me."Looks like someones got a case of the grumpys".  I give him my best death glare possible and cross my arms. He starts tickling me and i can't help but giggle. "There's a smile ! Come on lets you dressed; you can't be late for your first day!' I take his hand as he leads me to the bed and dresses me.  He grabs a chair from the table and asks me to sit still as he brushes my hair.  It feels really nice I haven;t had anyone brush my hair in a long time. He puts my hair in a french braid and finishes with a pink bow.

" Its time to go to class now. I'll be with you for the morning but, in the afternoon I have my own classes." He leads me into the kitchen and helps me put on a pair of Velcro sneakers. There's two hooks on the wall one has my name above it with a panda backpack and a purple jacket. The other had Noah above a hanging brown satchel. I pull my backpack on and take a deep breath as we head out the door.  We head into an elevator that's at the end the end of the hallway and I start to get butterflies in my stomach. I just realized that even more people were going to see me dressed like this.

We get outside the apartment complex and walk towards the school. there was an adult sized playground and I could see other people dressed similar too me. I don't  know why but, I clung closer to Noah. He walked up to a group of men wearing the same suit jacket as him. They had a crest with the letters CG on the left side of the chest. " Hey, Noah I see you finally got  your little one!" the taller black guy says . "Awe she's s cute!" the blond guy exclaimed. "Emma these are my friends Devin(pic below) and Chris" Noel says picking me up and resting me on his hip. "hi." I said nervously. All three of them let out the world's loudest awe. All of the sudden a crying  girl dressed in a frilly pink dress came running up to Devin.

"Joey hit me!" she sobs as she reaches Devin. " I did not!" a boy comes running behind her. "i tagged her lightly she's such a drama queen!" "Carly is this true?" Devin asks bending down to look in her eyes. "well...yeah it was just a tag but...,  I told him I didn't want to play with him."Carly said giving Devin puppy dog eyes" "Let's go Carly 16 minutes in time out for lying." Chris pipes up" Joey you know your not suppose to call people names you've earned a 17 minute time out". "What the actually fuck Chris its not like Joey called her something she wasn't " I spoke up. " You don't have to be such a dick about it!" Noah did not look happy at all as he said" I've warned you all morning to stop swearing now, you may have a time out as well, 17 minutes". We reach the wall, he sets the timer and instructs me to face the wall. As he walks away i scream" Fuck you, too cunt! This is just temporary! You'll leave just like everyone else and I can't wait for that day!"