Reunited

Chase and VP were lost in conversation but it was ok with me as I was busy with a beautiful confetti cupcake with cotton candy icing. I was entranced with their moments the hair twirling, hand holding and how Chase's cheeks were slowly filling with colour. This sweet moment was interrupted by a cellphone ringing. " Sorry its Grandfather I have to take this." Chase looked nervous " Hello grandfather.......Yes shes been a perfect angel.... Half an hour of course see you then... Bye" He hung up the phone with a disappointed look on his face. "Sorry I have to go father needs Emma back." " Well then I guess you owe me a back up date." VP says rummaging in her purse and pulling out some baby wipes. "we should probably clean up this icing monster first" I didn't realize I had icing on my hands, mouth, nose and forehead. She was super gentle and kissed my forehead when she had finished. " Bye bye Emma.  I'll be expecting a text from you later about our makeup date" She kisses his cheek. " I'd be stupid not to. let's get going Emma".

Chases POV
VP makes my heart flutter. Shes so smart, kind and great with the littles. Finishing up the errands was rather enjoyable with my little tag along. I hope Grandfather let's me take her tomorrow. He's rather reluctant to leave littles in my care given my size and how important my work is to the company.  "Chase, can we go on more adventures together?" a little voice asks from the stroller." I'll have to ask Grandfather and Noah but I would love to have you as my side kick again. We enter Grandfather's to find him waiting with Noah. " Oh Emmy Bear I've missed you so much!" He picks her up and holds her tight. "Chase, I'm headed up to my office can you please bring some coffee and a sippy cup of apple juice?" Yes of course sir.. Right away.

Noah's POV
It was such a relief to have Emma back in my arms. I didnt want to let her go. I could tell she missed me as she curled up in my lap and started playing with my fingers. " I'm proud of you Noah. You really buckled down this week and came up with a great plan. There are just a few necessary adjustments. She will go to daycare twice a week and be looked after the other three days. I have hand selected Chase, Dan and Ethan. I will also grant your request to move in with Mark." " Are you sure about Chase! I don't want her taking off again and Ethan better follow my rules for her this time! Just then Chase came in with the requested drinks and Emma jumped off of my lap. " We get to have more adventures Chase!!!" " Careful Emma let him put the tray down before you attack him." Grandfather smirks. " I'm allocating one day a week of your schedule to look after Emma." I lost it in a rage filled rant." WE DIDN'T AGREE TO THAT YET! Do you have any idea what Emma needs! hes not going to be able to pick her up or handle her if she has another tantrum! Dont even get me started on Ethan that glorified douche canoe! " That is more than enough Noah. You've been warned plenty of times in the last two weeks to mind your attitude and it seems as if you have completely forgotten who is in charge. Chase please go take Emma to the livingroom to watch a movie. it seems Chase and I need to have a conversation with a little more impact. " I dropped my head fully aware of what was coming.

I hear the door click and my stomach drop. "Why are you being punished Noah?" " For yelling at you, questioning your judgment and talking back." " Correct, pants down and get over my lap. You will receive 10 over my lap with a paddle and you will have 25 minutes in the corner to remember your place."  "Yes Grandfather." I do as he says..it always surprises me that I can fit across his lap" whack " One thank you Grandfather" " I see you do still know how to be a good boy"

nine painful slaps later

" Dont you dare pull up your pants or even think about touching that bottom. Into the corner and think about your place while I go talk to chase about Thursday.

I'll I can think about was cuddling Emma with Mark tonight and how much my butthurts.

Grandfathers pov

I walk in to see Emma asleep with her head on Chases shoulder. I quietly take a seat next to chase and star whispering." My apologies buddy for the lack of notice but I know your ready for this responsibility. Your work on Thursday shall be covered by the intern and I'll be sure to call to check in." Thank you Grandfather I cant wait and will not let you down besides shes been fairly easy so far." that's the spirit. I have 10 mins till I have  to be back in the office so I'll go grab a care bag and fill it however you want. Just then the sleeping little whines and nuzzles into chase
she looks so peaceful.

Noah's POV

It feels like an hour has past before Geand father taps me on the shoulder. Now let's see who is in charge here" you Grandfather. " which means? " I should listen and respect your choices. Did you? "no" Now what do say to Grandfather? I'm sorry I will do better to remember my place.

After a quick awkward hug and kiss goodbye I carry a sleeping Emmy to her car seat. She stayed peaceful the entire ride and even after I tucked her in the crib. I guess cuddling will have to wait.