Fighting like a girl

Emma's POV

When we entered the daycare room I begged him not to go. Until I saw Joey then it was like Noah didn't exist. " lemme down! JOEY!!" "ouch, Emmy can I get a hug before you run off?" "oh yeah." i give him a quick squeeze, say bye and run to Joey who was playing in the dress up corner."hey i missed you!" Joey gives me a hug. "i missed you too! Wanna pretend to have a tea party while you fill me in on all the latest gossip" " duh,  go dress up ill prepare the tea"

I couldn't believe what i missed from a physical fight and a classroom helper coming in drunk. All of a sudden a group of boys came around the corner. " Hey Joey" "what do you want Rick?" " Want to come play cars.. like a real boy?" " No thank you. I'm happy here with Emma"" are yiou sure? cuz only girls play dress up?" " Joey can play whatever he wants to. now i suggest you take a hike." I speak up. "Whatever, let us know when you're ready to act right." We both roll our eyes and continue to play."

"Attention little ones! its time to clean up for lunch" I look around at all the clothes that were scattered around the dress up corner. " damn I didn't realize fashion required such a mess." Joey playfully slaps me you're the one that suggested a fashion show" I throw a tutu at him " yeah but you went with it"  We start throwing clothes back and forth at each other. " Our laughter is interupted by Nikki the classroom helper. " Hey you silly billies clothes go in the chest not in the air" In unison we chime " Sorry Nikki". I can't Imagine how boring daycare would be without him. 

Lunch consists of dino nuggets,  veggies and chocolate milk. I start making the dino talk to  Joey " i'm a chikasaurus rar! oh no im drowning in lava"I dip it in ketchup and bite his head off" " Girl you're something else" "yeah but i make you laugh" "true" we say at the same time" Besties forever" I see Rick mocking us at the other table. "Whats his problem?" I ask Joey getting annoyed." I don't know he was probably dropped too many times as a kid" It was in that moment that milk almost came out of my nose.

He left us alone during nap time and i thought maybe the moron had taken a hint. It was time for some outdoor play. "wanna race trikes?" Joey asked noticing that a couple were free. " yeah bud im gunna" Before i could finish Rick inturrupted " come play soccer with us Joey. we need a goalie" " no thank you" Joey said politly. " That wasnt a question fairy boy" " Well that was my answer" Joey Sassed. " No one says no to me in this daycare and you better watch yourself cuz you're gunna regret saying no to me."  "lets go Emma" Joey pulls me towards the tricycles before i can get a word in" We make four laps around the playground before i have to stop." Joey I need to pee are you gunna be ok until i get back." "Girl go i can handle myself". With that i went to find Nikki.

When i get back outside i instantly regret leaving him as i see Rick kicking Joey who is curled up in a ball on the ground. "YOU SON OF A BITCH" I yell  and before  Nikki could stop me i ran straight for Rick tackling him to the ground. " DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH OR HIT JOEY AGAIN YOU HEAR ME!" I say feeding him punches. I am lifted off of him but i manage to spit right in his face. " Corner time both of you" I hear a male voice command. I didnt recognize him but his badge said Peter

We were separated but both stuck in a corner. My mind started to wonder in the silence. Would Noah still love me after I got into a fight? What would Mark say after i ignore his instructions to get an adult in situations like this? My heart started to race. I was a bad girl. No that was too childish clearly i was violent and unlovable. It got difficult to breathe and i couldn't convince my brain to stop. Why was i upset? he deserved it! But when my time out was done i was in a full on panic attack.

Can you breathe for me love? "No i sob" " relax its ok. We are proud you stood up for your friend but we cant have a sweet girl like you hitting now can we" "no that's why Noah and Marky aren't gunna love me no more" I sob. I'm positive that's not true. I'm bounced and swayed back and forth as Peter sings "you are my sunshine" After two run throughs i hear him ask the teacher to call Noah and for the first time in days I didn't want to see him.