4. Paimon Recovered!

Both of them went back to the small hut to pick up Paimon.

"You're already awake?" she asked.

"Yeah, thanks to you lovebirds. Paimon saw everything."

Keqing blushed. Being called 'lovebirds' is one thing, but being seen by someone is another, not to mention that it's Paimon. She probably heard that scream and saw how they acted after she accidentally showed 'something' to Aether.

"Anyways, are you feeling alright? Did you have a good nap? Does it hurt anywhere? Want me to carry you?"

Paimon giggled.

"You're being a worrywart, Aether. Paimon realized that Paimon was overreacting a few moments ago. You don't have to worry now."

"That may be so, but I'm still not sure about your condition. You might feel okay now, but I'm scared that you might get hurt again. Don't push yourself, alright?"

"Haha! Don't worry. I can fly like normal. Look at th- OUCH!"

She suddenly can't move. Her body aches all over.

"See? Now, be a good food and come with me."

"As Paimon already said, I'M NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!"

She throws a tantrum while being carried by Aether. Looking at this, Keqing can't help but chuckle at the sight of both of them. Well, minus the injury, it's a good thing that she is back to normal.

However, she feels as though Paimon is hiding something from both of them. Maybe it's a matter of time until she spill it out, or would she hide it?

The three of them went back to Liyue harbor. The first thing he did after he reached there is to claim the commission reward. He wouldn't dare to miss his reward as the mora that he got there is needed to provide food for Paimon. That said, he figured that he might save some mora considering that Paimon might not have the same appetite after this incident. Hopefully anyway.

After that, the three of them went to Bubu Pharmacy hoping to get Paimon checked up. Her condition might not be too serious, but Aether thought that it's better to let her stay there for the night to fully heal her. Keqing herself volunteered to take care of Paimon since all of the paperwork for the week has been settled. That's the main reason, though she won't lie that she may feel a bit worried about her wellbeing. Plus, they will probably take turn seeing her, though they haven't decided the fixed time they will be visiting.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy. How may I help you?" Dr Baizhu, the owner of Bubu Pharmacy, welcomed them.

The place is what you'd expect from a pharmacy. A few cupboard full of files and prescriptions, herbs on the shelves and plants grown for their own use is placed neatly around the area. Currently, there's no one apart from the three of them, Dr Baizhu and Qiqi, a living corpse (also a toddler) sitting behind him while drinking some milk in her bottle. Honestly, they expected some people to get hurt from that fatui attack, but by some miracle, there's no casualties and only a few millelith had a few minor injuries.

"I'd like to do a checkup for her. She was involved in a fight earlier."

He brought Paimon to Dr. Baizhu.

"Of course! I'll do it right away."

Paimon was rested on the bed. Dr. Baizhu then brought her to his checkup room.

Aether and Keqing were left behind.

They didn't talk much. It could be seen as being awkward, but both of them enjoyed each other's presence.

Despite the fact that the fatui attack is pretty recent, it seems that everyone's lives are still the same, he thought. Looking outside the window, there were silk flower's and glaze lillies planted nearby some trees. Some kids were playing around with their friends and families while a few of them plucked some flowers. Seeing the leaves rustling from the wind and the kids playing around reminds him of his missing sister.