13. Paimon's training

*Huff*.. *huff*

"T-This is harder than I thought." she wiped her head. Sweat starts to drop and she looked a bit pale.

It's already been four days and she can't seem to improve in any way.

Signs of their training can be seen. Shattered boulders were scattered everywhere. There were also a few big dents on the rocks behind them. Some trees also fell down, though they did try to avoid destroying them as much as possible, it seems impossible as they still can't control their elemental power well enough.

The set of boulders she had in front of them were a bit messy too. Out of 10 sets, 3 still had two of the boulders still intact to the ground. 2 of them had 1 boulder taken out, meaning that she succesfully controlled her power. The other 5 were completely obliterated, meaning that she extracted too much power and failed to control it.

"H-how did you managed that?!"

Aether, however, improved by a lot. The first time he did the drill, none of them were a success. But as the time goes by, he adapted with his power, doing it succesfully one by one. Right now in front of him, all of his set of boulder finally has one of the boulder destroyed. Perhaps it was because he was the one who set up the geo boulder, so it makes it for him easier? Or maybe anemo is easier to control?

"Nothing special. I just adapted to my powers. That's all."

He proceeds to clean up all the mess that both of them created.

"I think we should stop this drill. I'd like to move on to the next step, since we are running out of time."

"Huh? What about me? I still didn't manage to complete the process perfectly yet."

"That's true. However," he paused. Then, he walked towards the two sets of boulders she succesfully destroy.

"you managed to control your power, though at a little extent. I think this should suffice for now. However, take note that we would not be as consistent as originally planned, so there would still be some risk."

She nodded in acknowledgement of the liability that they would face.

"Ahh!"

Suddenly, she felt wobbly, sensing her feet losing strength. Luckily, she's safe as he was near her.

"Are you alright?" he said, holding her in his arms preventing her from falling.

"I-I'm fine. Just a bit... tired." she said, her face flushed red in embarrasment. She's feeling more fatigued though.

"You overexerted yourself. Get some rest for now."

"B-but-"

"No 'but's. You trained non stop day and night without even taking notice of your surrounding. I even had to call you out just to make sure you've eaten."

"I-I can't help it! This is a once in a lifetime chance to train using my vision. I wouldn't miss it if a chance is in front of me. I would usually be too busy anyway."

He sighed.

"That doesn't mean that you can neglect your self care. Honestly, you looked like you will pass out any moment now. Your face looks pale. "

"Really.."

"Rest for the whole day. Tomorrow, we will resume with our next part of our training. I'll do all the chores today."

"O-okay." she nodded reluctantly.

The sun is about to set when they stopped training. He cleans up all the mess both of them made. It had became a routine for them to do all the chores together, so this is a first that he offers to do it alone for today.