10. Paimon's second chance

NOTES:
Hey guys!

First of all, I'm VERY sorry for the inactivity. Why the inactivity, you say? Well, all of that exam and studies and stuff for the past month pretty much forces me to stop. Yeah, I shouldv'e inform this in the previous chapter, but meh, I forgot. (Ignore the fact that I was addicted to genshin impact literally after the exam ends and completely forgot about wattpad's existance)

Secondly, the publishing schedule is not fixed, so it may or may not be as frequent as before. However, I'll at least publish one chapter a week as a target until the series is finished. It may or may not be more than one, but it totally depends on how lazy I am, lol.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!
__________________________________________

"And that's how Paimon managed to come across you."

She took a deep breath after finishing the story. She took a long time telling her past to him, so she suddenly felt sleepy, but now she feels like a heavy burden has been lifted. Perhaps sharing her secret is the right move after all?

Aether sat there looking at her, feeling bad. His trusty companion had a dark past that he didn't knew before and he felt terrible for not being with her when she was in need.

Well, it's too late to think about that now.

"I see. You had it rough. Sorry for prying in your past too much."

"No no, Paimon is telling this out of my own will. You're not at fault."

Both of them went quiet. The room was silent and had this sense of serenity, especially during the nighttime when everyone was sleeping. The only noise that can be heard is the clock ticking every second.

"It would be nice to do something for you since you've accompanied me throughout my journey so far."

"Yeah, about that..."

He glanced at Paimon, seeing her acting nervous.

"The reason Paimon told you about the incident is that Paimon thinks that you could reach the island."

"Eh? How so?"

"Paimon saw the aftermath of your sparring with Keqing. The strength of the wind might be able to neutralise the whirlpool. Maybe, we can save them."

Hearing this, the thought that it may succeed seemed too far-fetched. First of all, he'd never seen that whirlpool so he doubted that they have enough power to neutralise the whirlpool, which he assumed would be massive and strong. Even if he did see them, he can't guess accurately on how much power that's needed to overcome them.

Secondly, the location of the island itself is a mystery. They would certainly need to know the exact coordinate before they set sail, not to mention they needed a big ship in the first place. If they didn't prepare accordingly, it'd be hard to survive as they also need to supply enough resources.

Finally, if they were to plan to go there, they have to bring Keqing with them to recreate the same tornado that they made. Of course there's nothing wrong bringing her. They'd probably have a fun time hanging around.

The problem is that she is an important figure in Liyue Harbor. She have to burden herself with extra work to make up with the time loss.

Another problem is the risk of her dying there. They certainly wouldn't want her die just because of their own selfish request. They don't know exactly the extent of the danger there, so he had to consider her safety or otherwise he'll get chasen away by the citizen.

However, he thought that it's worth a try for her sake.

"Want to try? I'll try to bargain with the Liyue Qixing and see what I can do." He broke the silence.