5. Paimon's Past.

Once, there was an island in the middle of the sea. No person would manage to get to it, not even a fleet of ships can break through as the island was surrounded with whirlpools.

There exists a being, similar to human but as a miniature sized one; most would call them 'elves'. Elves are beings with superior knowledge about nature and astronomy. Each one of them has an intelligence even better than the smartest human in the world. They passed on their knowledge to their following generations to come. Among the people on Teyvat, this would only be told as a 'legend' since no person has came here.

These beings lived in an island, rich with natural resources. Fruits and vegetables can be found everywhere. The soil is full of nutrients, perfect for farming activities to support their appetite. The houses were also environmental friendly. They would use trees and leaves to build their home on. Coconut shells were used like bricks to build their houses. There weren't many animals, but the ones that were there, namely, ducks, boars, horses and others, were healthy and fat. Their skins would be used as clothes and their bones were used on furnitures and decorations. Not to mention their practical skills, stuffs like knitting, cooking and farming, they excel in many of them. Though, physical work such as hunting and building are hard for them, with the amount of population that lived there, they managed.

If anyone were to live here, it would be like heaven. Of course, as human greed exists, this place is not supposed to be accessible by outsiders. One would say that the whirlpools surrounding the island is a blessing in a disguise. Well, the seven archons probably already gave blessing to this island in the first place.

"Bebal, Abalam, food's ready!" Paimon, slightly smaller than the present, called them.

Bebal and Abalam, both female elves, were twins. They befriended Paimon ever since they were little. Though they were younger than Paimon, it wouldn't be a lie to say that they were best friends.

Paimon had put out a picnic blanket on the sandy beach. On it looked like shrimps and crabs, their favourite food. There were also some apple, sunsettias and matsutake mushrooms there. The smell it produces would rival Xiangling's extinct boar steak, though the boar probably weren't extinct yet at that time.

Bebal and Abalam were very hungry, so they would naturally run there as soon as possible, wait no, 'fly' there quickly. The aroma of the dishes made both of their tummies rumble. Well, they will definetely stop the rumbling with the amount of food that was served. For real, the amount looked like a feast for three families of eight people to eat!

"Uwahh! Smells so gooood!" Both of them said in sync.

As soon as they sat down, they put on whatever that was served on their plate, or to be precise, leaves. The shrimps were mouth-watering. It's mysterious how they were able to season them.

The crabs were also as good as a serving of golden crab in Wangshuu Inn, minus the golden part. The crabs were caught that morning by Paimon, so it's pretty fresh. Unsurprisingly, they finished all of the food. Seems like the twins have the same appetite as Paimon.

"Uwahhh! I'm full!"

"Same here!"

Bebal and Abalam rubbed their bellies as they were feeling stuffed. Looking at both of them, Paimon's glad that her cooking managed to satisfy both of them.

"Ehe. Glad both of you liked it. Feasting on this food while sitting here breathing some fresh air every now and then is pretty relaxing, isn't it?"

"For real! This is the best! Good thing we finished our work earlier. Or else we wouldn't experience this, right Abalam?"

"I second that, Bebal."

Both of them in their usual good mood.

"Hey, Paimon thinks that we should visit my dad. It's been a while since Paimon saw him."