18. Paimon's first time on the sea

This is the day they start their new journey on their quest to recover Paimon's family. Aether is excited. Paimon is nervous. Keqing is looking forward to all of this.

In short, everyone is feeling different emotions. The ship is in front of them, and it will only take a few more steps for them to start a new journey.

"Paimon's kinda nervous." Her usual enthusiastic behavior can't be seen.

"Same here," he replied.

The three of them prepared every item for their daily activity inside their bags, except Paimon since the only item that she needs is food anyway.

With that said, he thought that his bag is too heavy. Not until he saw Keqing bringing three luggages, all of them looked like it weigh the same as his. God knows what she's brought. She did looked quite tired, so he offered her a helping hand, carrying two of her luggages. He smiled when she thanked him and had a look of relief, her shoulders finally released of their burden. Though, it's at a cost of his shoulders being the next victims. _Damn, the two luggages were heavier than my bag,_ he thought.

At the entrance of the ship, they saw a person, one of The Crux's member.

"Howdy! Looks like you guys are well prepared!"

He moved sideways so that they can enter. Since Beidou had introduced them to her crew yesterday, they already knew the details of the location Aether wanted to go. Those lot are quite rowdy, which he does find comfort when they met yesterday. Traveling with them shouldn't be a problem.

One of the member lead them towards their room.

"It looks kinda cramped here, doesn't it?" Paimon scans the room. A humble cabin, the inside enough for two person to live in and a few furniture for their use. Not the best place for them to live in, but comfortable enough nonetheless.

"I apologize. This was Cap'n Beidou's room, but she told us to give this place to ya guys. This is the best place we could provide."

"I'm not that bothered by it." he assured him.

It doesn't seem that Keqing mind it as well since she already put her stuff on one of the side of the cabin. That reminds him that his shoulders were about to come off if he were to keep holding her luggage, so he put them on her place alongside it.

"If ya wanna ask for some stuff, we're always on the deck." The member said as he left the room, leaving the three of them inside. After the three of them thanked him, they unpack all of their belongings. Naturally, since he brought less items than her, he'd finish first. So, he helped her unpack the rest off the stuff. It's safe to say that the room looked just like they had lived here for years, as if it were their home.

With a loud sigh, both of them fell onto each of their bed, about to lie down. When he did lie down, he felt a bit odd on his back. Expecting to see her look at him, he turned his head towards her.

She really did looked towards him, her look as if expecting him to say something.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Keqing?"

"I think I am."

Both of them went silent for about three seconds. At the same time, they both spoke.

"Our beds are really uncomfortable."

For a second, they stared at each other's eyes. After hearing the same response, both of them giggled at the oddity of the situation.

For now, they could only laugh as a coping mechanism for many uncomfortable and sleepless night. Damn beds.

*