20: Paimon's sea battle

"Aether! Wake up!"

Keqing shooked his body in a hurry. Usually, he would wake up just by shaking him a little, but for some reason it seems like the alcohol he took yesterday made him sleep like a log. She didn't know he was that tired.

"Aether! Hurry!!"

It was nervewrecking. The ship is rocking too much. She don't know how long it would take for him to wake up and she is getting impatient. Who wouldb't when they are potentially in danger?

"Let Paimon handle this!"

Reluctantly, she backed away for Paimon to have a turn. Paimon pulled his ear, not too much, but just enough for her mouth to say something next to him.

"Huh?"

Keqing was confused on what is she planning to do. Suddenly, with all her might;

"EHE, TE NANDAYO!"

she shouted next to his ears, which resulted in him waking up.

"Paimon! That's mean!"

"Paimon had no choice! Something weird is going on."

Just as she said that, the ship tilted unusually to the left, which made them lose balance. Well, everyone except Paimon.

Keqing quickly took hold of his bed, preventing both of them from falling.

"W-What was that?" Aether, still feeling a little drowsy, asked her.

"Even I don't know. We were woken up by the crew, saying that there's an emergency. We haven't gotten any detail on what's happening."

"Hmph! Paimon thinks that the nightwatcher just doesn't like us! It's obvious from Paimon's encounter before!"

"I don't think that's the case, Paimon."

"Guah! You should support me Keqing. Not that guy!"

"I'm.. not particularly supporting any side."

"Yes you do!"

Whilst the exchange between the two girls (one food, probably), Keqing noticed Aether's troubled expression.

"Is something.. wrong?"

She moved his hair with her fingers. She noticed his frown, feeling that something isn't right.

"My s-stomach feels weird. And my head."

He felt dizzy, especially with the constant rocking which doesn't help his condition in the slightest.

Keqing quickly took a glass of water for him to drink. After he sipped some, he felt that he can't finish it.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" She's getting worried.

"I-I need to puke. Now."

_Oh._

Upon realization, she quickly pulled him away from his bed and led him to the outside of the ship, letting him let them all out outside the ship

Just in time, she reached the edge of the ship as he was about to let it out. They barely reached it.

"Sigh, this is why I'm worried after you consume that monstrous amount of alcohol yesterday."

"Aha! So you WERE worried!" Paimon came from behind them, her smug smile just meant to tease her.

"Wha- Th-That's not what I mean!"

"Really? From the looks of it, it seems like you're massaging his back like a caring wife, don't you think?"