8. Paimon's war

A fleet of ships were advancing steadily towards the island. The only thing that stood between them are the whirlpools.

Most of the guards quickly sent this information to everyone, hoping to be able to prepare more fighters.

"Your highness, it seems to be quite difficult for us to pass through the whirlpools. What should we do?"

A masked woman wearing a long blue gown stood up. She walked, from the upper level, to the lower level, and then she climbed down the ship.

When her feet touched the sea, the water below her froze. Seeing this, the elves panicked. If she managed to freeze the whirlpool, they would surely be able to reach their island and raid everything there.

She kept walking and the water below her kept freezing. She walked towards the whirlpool, but before she stepped on it , she stopped.

Why did she stopped? Maybe freezing the whirlpool is too risky for them? The elves thought.

After that, the elves took their chance. The preparation is complete. Their archers are gathered and organized near the tower.

In sync, they pull their flaming arrows, and at the same time...

"Fire!"

Flaming arrows were raining towards the enemy's fleet. Despite the amount of arrows fired, they knew that the enemy wouldn't back down from this. Even so, they were hoping that the enemies were that weak.

However, their hopes have been dashed.

Suddenly, a massive chunk of ice were formed on the whirlpool that not only manages to solidify the whirlpool and abling them to go to the island safely, but also protecting them from the flaming arrows. The ice was able to resist the flames, which surprised the elves. Whoever her real identity is, she is dangerous.

She walked towards the island, step by step. The elves were starting to sweat nervously.

She reached the island. Everyone behind her followed her steps. The elves braced themselves. The enemy is right in front of them, and she seems to be powerful.

"I came here to reach an agreement."

Everyone is confused. So they were after something precious in this island after all?

"What do you want? How did you know our island's whereabout?" One of the guards said.

She devilishly grinned. Despite being surrounded, she still managed to intimidate the elves.

"Hoho, one question at a time, shall we? Though, it would be a waste of time seeing that this island would be mine either way."

Hearing this, that guard felt furious. He held his polearm preparing to stab her, but another elf stopped him.

"Calm down. Don't show weakness in front of your enemy."

"G-general Kimaris!"

Kimaris stopped him from advancing since he knew that it would be useless. He confronted the masked woman.

"Hmm, this little guy seems to be level-headed. This would be fun."

"First question, who exactly are you?"

"Fufu, straight to the point, eh? Well then, I think you already have a hunch about myself."

He looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Ugh, do I really have to spell it to you? Try to think: who in this world has cryo powers capable of freezing the sea? Who in this world knew every place on which axis? Or, am I even a mortal?"