16. Paimon's new journey.

"Ah, Liyue Harbor!" Paimon flew around, enjoying the view of the beautiful scenery, lumination of Liyue Harbor engulfing the dark skies.

"Feels like it was just yesterday since we left." Keqing said, breathing heavily after a tiring walk back home.

They took quite some time returning to Liyue Harbor despite departing from the training ground early in the morning. It has been 4 days since they obtained the letter from Ningguang, so they had to at least return slightly earlier than the deadline to prevent any mishaps or accidents happening. Thankfully, their limbs were intact and they safely managed to come home.

Not all are good news though. Since the time they needed to train became limited, the results of their training weren't satisfactory, to say the least. Sure, as time went on, they had become more consistent in combining their elemental prowess succesfully. However, the ratio of that 'success' is as low as 1:1.

It doesn't seem to be as bad as it sounds, but in crucial times, failure might be fatal. The risk of not perfecting it might prove to be their downfall. Though, they were forced to take the chance as they have more important things to complete.

"Since it's already night time, my colleagues would've finished work by now. I'd advise if you guys were to meet us again tomorrow morning." she said.

"Sounds like a plan! Paimon's hungry anyways." Paimon said as she flew closer to the main gate.

"Wanna come with us and take a bite at Wanmin?" he offered.

Seeing as there's nothing much to do, she nodded, accepting the offer. It's quite a daunting journey and she hadn't ate dinner yet, so might as well get a bite or two before returning home.

Strolling through the harbor were his daily routine that he hadn't thought much about. Though after a few days away, he starts to appreciate the atmosphere around him. Despite it being night time, shops were still buzzing with customers. Most of the stalls were closed, but the upper level had most of their places open.

For some reason, the view was breathtaking for him. It reminds him the feeling he experienced when he reached Liyue Harbor for the first time since he travelled throughout Teyvat.

Maybe it's because he was away for quite a while, which made him remember that day. Or, perhaps he was feeling that way because he was walking besides her. Watching the busy, yet tranquil environment around them while having a leisure walk sure is pleasant for him, especially alongside her.

Perhaps he needed this, a break from all the shenanigans in the outside world. Though, it'd be shortlived since tomorrow would be another busy day.

As they walked through the road, he saw a few people waving to their direction. Ever since the Fatui incident, his reputation skyrocketed to the point that not even a person doesn't know his existence and his achievements. He simply smiled to them as a reply.

Everything was quite normal. The everyday busy life of Liyuen seems the same as before.

Though, an odd occurence had happened. Nothing major, but it's simply unusual for it to happen in the city.

"The Third-Round Knockout is quite packed. How unusual." Paimon says.

Hearing her said that, Keqing coughed slightly. 

"It's probably Beidou and her crew inside."

"Huh. Paimon don't remember Ningguang mentioning that she is also a drunkard."

"It's best to leave her alone for now. She could be a bit 'wild' when drunk."

Wild is an understatement.