17. Paimon's acquaintance

Claymore is bigger than a sword.

This is common sense in Teyvat- no- in every world he visited. The bigger the weapon, the stronger the force it produces.

He feels it right now.

The lady's claymore were pressuring his sword. The sheer weight of that claymore is one thing, her monstrous strength can also be felt as his arms were getting too tense for him to hold on. He couldn't help but admire her ability and her strength for a second. Though, he had to take quick action before he gets pulverized like a hilichurls body after a fight to death.

"Hurgh!" He pushed her back successfully, making her jump backwards. Though, in less than a second, she dashed towards him, swinging her claymore while aiming for the right side of his head.

In an instant, he ducked, avoiding the incoming claymore while counter attacking her by simultaneously swinging his sword towards her abdomen.

She saw through him. She dashed left, avoiding the counter without a scratch. Not only her strength is formidable, she's also quite agile despite the size of her body. 

'She's dangerous.'

It doesn't seem like she would let him be deep in thoughts as she swings it again, this time aiming on top of his head. It almost hit him as he ducked, just centimetres away from making contact.

He didn't see any opening for him to charge forward, so he dashed back, which leaves space for her to dash forward.

'Crap.'

With a swift motion, she plunged towards him while he struggles to regain balance.

With a loud *clang*, their weapons clashed again. This time, the impact results in him being pushed further.

"Stop."

Ningguang intervened by summoning a jade screen between them before they manage to continue any further. Reluctantly, the lady backed off.

"C'mon Ningguang. You're no fun."

"You consider attacking random strangers to be fun?!" Paimon said, hiding behind the couch.

Suddenly, the door opened. Baiwen appeared, seemingly out of breath.

"I-I'm sorry lady Ningguang! I tried to bring her here, but I fai- lady Beidou?!"

When her gaze shifted to Beidou, she seemed surprised. Also a bit mad.

"Lady Beidou! Please don't run off like that again! I- *huff* I had a tough time catching up to you."

"Hahaha! You really should've worked on your cardio every now and then."

"*Ehem*."

Beidou shifted her attention towards the sound.

Ningguang looked quite mad.

"I believe that I've made myself clear. The traveler would come around this time, but you neglected my instructions to standby near my office. Not to mention the rude introduction that you did."

"Rude was an understatement," Paimon interjected.

Beidou just laughed it off as if she didn't try to attack him just now.

"Oi! This is not funny!" Paimon stomps her feet in annoyance. Beidou's laugh died down after a while.

"Sorry. I was just tryn' to test the hero of Liyue's ability, though I must admit that I'm pleasantly surprised."

She walked towards Aether. He's on guard just in case she does any suspicious move, but it didn't seem like she has any intention to continue the fight. Instead, she offers her hand for a handshake.