15. Paimon's training 2

"Beginner's luck? Or do we have very good synergy?" he asked, surprised that they nailed it first try.

The tornado went towards the cliff, wrecking havoc on the lake. It went non stop until at one point it hit the cliff behind. As it hit, the impact made a big dent on the shape of the cliff, though not completely destroying it. As a result, dirt were scattered around the area, but thankfully didn't reach the water source.

"It's surprisingly sturdy, eh?"

"Or it could just be our power not strong enough."

After a few seconds, the dust had settled. They attempted to do it again.

"Gust surge!"

"Hah!"

But this time, the electro power didn't amplify the tornado. Instead, the tornado consumed the electro power which made it turned purple, weaker and slightly smaller than the one before. It didn't even manage to go across the lake.

"So it's just beginner's luck?"

"Again!" he wasn't satisfied with the result.

Both of them tried again, yet the result is the same.

"Seems like we really do need to train mor- Aether!?"

Suddenly, he collapsed. His feet didn't have the strength to keep him standing. His breath is also a bit ragged.

"S-sorry. It seems like it drains my energy more than I anticipated."

He tried to stand up, struggling to do so. He succeed, though she could see his legs shaking.

"Hey. Don't force yourself to stand. Take a rest." she said as she supported his body by hugging his body with her right hand, while putting his left hand across her left shoulder to prevent him from falling.

"Thanks a lot. Sorry about this." he said, a bit dissapointed.

"Don't fret. I knew that you had to exert more energy to produce that attack compared to mine anyway."

She lead the way to their camp where Paimon could be seen taking an afternoon nap. 'Lazy kid', he thought to himself trying not to giggle. It can't be helped though, since she's helped them hunt some food for their lunch everyday.

When they are walking, he saw Keqing breathe deeper than usual. Her face is also bright red. Is she okay, he thought.

Oh. He realized something.

"S-Sorry! I'm sweating too much. I smell, don't I?"

"A- No! It's okay. I don't.. mind it too much." she said, her voice a bit lower as she avert her gaze.

"If you're uncomfortable, please say so. I can walk fine by mys-"

"No! You need to rest. I told you I don't... mind the smell."

'What on Teyvat is she saying', she thought. She internally cursed herself for admitting such things. Though, if she were to be honest, it's not that she doesn't mind his scent. Yeah, maybe she _does_ find his smell quite pleasant for her nose.

Wait, scrap that. She likes his smell. She's trying hard to be as subtle as possible while drowning her nose with his scent.

Truthfully, this is the first time she's 'this' close to him ever since they travelled here. Before this, she didn't seem to have a chance to get as close to him as right now. _Not that she wanted to or anything_.

Even if that's the case, she found her mouth wide opened, didn't expect the shape and size of his physique. Just by touching him, she can imagine how toned his muscles seems to be. His arms, especially his biceps, are quite stiff and pretty muscular which made her neck slightly uncomfortable as she is supporting him. Though, it's not a bad thing since she could take more of his scent this wa-