9. Paimon's tragedy

Paimon is evacuating all the elves inside the cave. The scene was hectic, but Paimon is responsible for staying calm and do her job. The explosion from the fight could be heard from where they are.

Bebal and Abalam are also helping her with her job. The cave that they are hiding in is not big enough for all of the elves, so the twins were forced to find another hiding place for them. Luckily, they found three more caves for the elves to hide and they are not that far away.

"Has everyone evacuated on your side?"

"I think so. I checked all of the houses and it looks like there's no one left."

"Same here."

Paimon breathed a sigh of relief. The twins are reliable as always. Though, since she also finished on her side as well, she's worried about how the fight was going.

"What's with that worried look on your face?"

"Yeah. Are you worried about a certain 'someone'?"

Paimon glared at them, then her worried look returned.

"Paimon kinda does. We still don't know the true capability of our enemy. Plus, Kimaris is out there fighting that same enemy. What would happen if he-"

"Oi oi. Don't think too much of it. You'd start getting uneasy if you did."

"Yeah. We know that your special one is risking his life out there but try to stay optimistic."

She sighed, still don't know what to do.

"Really.."

She heard more explosions south of the island. Of course that made her worry for his safety even more.

"Hey, for now let's go back inside the cave that your father is in."

"Yeah, maybe that would calm you down."

She reluctantly agreed and they are on their way there.

"Kimaris. Please stay safe..."

Her worry won't settle down anytime soon though.

*

The battlefield is pretty much as frozen as the tip of Dragonspine's mountain. Blood can be seen everywhere, making the ice around looked crimson red. The elves can be seen defending their fort. The injured ones retreated and was healed by the medical team. Kimaris could be seen dueling a few humans.

Somehow, they managed to hold on comfortably. However, he is still uneasy, mainly because Tsaritsa herself isn't involved in their fight yet. Judging by her power that she had shown, it would be an understatement to say that they would stand no chance.

Though, Kimaris himself is very skilled. He managed to kill two of them, which is a big achievement considering the difference of strength between an elf and a human. Unfortunately, the others aren't as skilled as him. Some struggle to even defeat one of them despite teaming up with other elves. Luckily, the casualty isn't that high thanks to Paimon's judgement of investing more on archers.

"Kuh, archers. Shoot!"

Kimaris sent the signal for the archers. Flaming arrows are raining towards the enemy, or so they thought.

"Fufu, this is interesting. Are you sure you want to involve me in the fight with this? Though you can't go back after you did this."

The arrows were aimed towards the fleet. Most of them were focused on Tsaritsa, mainly to provoke her. It would be better to take their chance now that they are comfortable with the fight, he thought.