6. Paimon the Hero

After hearing her father's prophecy, many emotions start to kick in but she knew that she had to do something.

"Wha- tell me what exactly happen!?"

"I wanted to, but-"

"Please, tell me. We're family, right? The whole elf community is our family right? I'll never leave them, even if it means I have to sacrifice myself!"

She's feeling anxious and worried for this population's safety. Who wouldn't? This island is their only home. They've never explore any other place before, so it's definitely not ideal for them to lose their only home. It's not like they haven't tried, but searching for land far away from the island is very risky.

As she kept thinking about how to deal with this, she also wondered who exactly did he saw in his dream. It's suspicious that human knew about this place as no one has ever came here before. How did they knew where they were? Or is it just a coincidence that they naturally stumbled upon this island?

Either way, she can't shake off this bad feeling. If a person managed to know about this place and pinpoint the whereabout, then that means that the person is brave and capable enough to break through the whirlpool surrounding the island that not even the elves themselves can pass through.

But, if that person knew about how dangerous getting pass through, then why risk it? Is there something on this island that it is so special? In terms of natural resource, the land on the other side probably have much more than this island here. So one possibility is out.

Maybe there's treasure here? If so, then she and the elves would've already found it considering that they like to explore this island and find valuable items.

If they aren't after the resource, then what are they after then?

She looked at her father. Seeing his gloomy face, her heart tightened. How could she handle seeing her father sad? No one wouldv'e wanted it. Neither does she.

"I still don't know what to do. I don't think telling the truth to everyone would solve the problem. No one wouldv'e believed I had such power."

"Paimon thinks that we should increase our fighting experience. We need to practice how to use weapons. Paimon thinks that we should at least put up a fight."

"But, the elves would be suspicious. They'll probably think 'why are we suddenly training how to fight? It's peaceful here anyway.'"

"Other's opinion doesn't matter. What matters the most is that we are prepared."

He widened his eyes. He surely had raised a wonderful daughter, probably stronger than his late wife.

"Ah yes. I shouldn't be too worried about opinions when we have a more pressing issue at hand here. Thanks for reminding me."

Hearing this, Paimon smiled.

"Well, Paimon's tired. We should sleep and make preparation tomorrow."

He nodded. Tomorrow would surely be a long day.

*

"So, why are we following you again?"

"To gather materials for making weapons."

Bebal and Abalam looked confused.

"Aren't the tools that we use to hunt animals still in good shape?"

"Yes. The condition of the tools are perfectly fine. It's actually still pretty shiny if you ask Paimon. It's just..."

"It's just?"