black is king || three

- 517 ʙᴄ -

| ʀᴀᴋᴇᴇᴍ |

It only took a couple of moments after the king and prince left the Badlands for the vampires to begin scavenging for a new meal, something that became stressful for them over the years ever since they were casted away.

They were no longer welcomed on the "brighter" side of Egypt after being the reason for multiple deaths. Aziz tried to compromise with them, only allowing them to feast on animal blood but of course, things don't always go as planned.

"You imbeciles are pathetic."

Vitani suddenly removed her fangs from the dying goat she had forced herself to devour. She, along with the rest of the group, looked up to see who had the audacity to insult them like this.

Rakeem slowly approached them on the damp, muddy grass. "I send two helpless little kids over here, and none of you idiots could even complete one simple task by killing them."

Vitani stood up to her feet while giving Rakeem a suspicious look. "Who are you?"

Rakeem let out a grimacing chuckle as he took a stance before the creatures. "I am the person who can help all of you out of this..." He eyed his surroundings in disgust. "Revulsion."

"Oh yea?" Luca snickered. "How exactly are you going to do that? You look like you're barely making it yourself." He laughed as he examined Rakeem's clothes and aura of unhappiness and distress.

Rakeem mentally rolled eyes and held back from saying anything that would potentially ruin his chance of getting the vampires on his side.

"Wouldn't you rather be in a place more ravishing than this?" He began pacing around them in a slow motion. "A place where you are able to do whatever you please, with no rules and no one to limit your needs? A place where you will never starve, especially."

Vitani sighed, closing her eyes briefly as she imaged the thought of going back to a time when things weren't so rough for her. She opened her eyes, now glaring at Rakeem with her bright green orbs. "That sounds nice and everything, but the question still remains - how are you going to help us?"

Rakeem's mouth formed into an evil grin as he glanced down at the now lifeless goat laid out in front of Vitani. "We're going to kill the king."

•••

"My father was pretty upset with me the other day for going to the Badlands." Divine explained in a tone that was opposite from his natural cheerful persona, while he walked beside his uncle. "We talked it out, though. I apologized and he forgave me, but it's still bothering me. I've never seen him so mad. I just hate that I was the cause of it."

"Ah, don't beat yourself up." Rakeem gently patted his shoulder. "Aziz is just scared to lose you, that's all it is. You are his only child, after all."

The two finally stopped walking once they arrived in a hidden gorge.