black is king || four

- 517 ʙᴄ -

| ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ • 8 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ |

Divine walked for 2 days through the outskirts of Egypt and into the desert without any food or water. It was becoming a challenge for him to keep up with his own journey. He had no clue where he was headed to, but he was hoping that he would end up in a place where his starvation could be relieved.

But by the end of the second day, he had lost hope. He was tired and he missed his family. He wanted to turn back and go home, but he was too ashamed. He knew he wasn't the cause of his father's death, but Rakeem did an exceptional job at making it seem like he was.

Divine sighed heavily, thinking about everything that had occurred. He stopped walking and plopped down on the dry land as he finally gave up on his journey to no where. He allowed all of the fun and happy memories of his father to run around in his mind, not wanting to think about the king's horrific death anymore.

He laid down, positioning himself in a fetus position under the hot sun, and shut his eyes as he slowly drifted off into a sleep that he sadly wished he could never wake up from.

•••

"Stop walking so close to me." Two males began shoving each other as they walked on the dry, deserted land.

One of the males kissed his teeth, waving off his peer and placing his hands in the pockets of his pants while they continued walking. "I don't see why we came all the way out here anyway. We ain't seen shit in 5 mothafuckin' days. The decline probably already happened, man. How far back you set that machine?"

His peer suddenly came to an abrupt stop. "Look!" He pointed at the young prince who was sleeping peacefully up ahead.

The two men sprinted to Divine and examined him carefully. "You think he's alive?"

The male who pointed out Divine, squatted down to check his pulse. "Nah, he's good." He stood back up. "I wonder why he's out here."

His peer soon bent down to Divine's level and began shaking his shoulder. "Aye, kid. Wake up!"

Divine lowly groaned, rubbing his eyes as he adjusted to the sunlight. He knew he hadn't been sleep very long since the sun was still out, and he highly aggravated by it. He set his eyes on the two men, who were glaring at him with worrisome expressions.

"You okay?" The male who disrupted the prince's sleep questioned.

"Yes. Leave me alone." Divine simply replied and turned on his opposite side.

The man jerked his head back with his mouth slightly open. "Oh, well excuse the fuck outta me for being concerned!" He spat and stood back up, only to be roughly pushed by his companion.

"Stop cussing in front of him." He warned.

"Why? It's not like the brat understands the shit anyway! Let's go, man. Leave his ass here. Ungrateful mothaf—"

"Who are you?" Divine cut off the man's rant and sat up.

"I'm Jabari." The more lenient male responded. "And this is my brother, Cairo."